Hey new to the forum, still looking for my stang

rbarbieri_74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus ST
Hey all my name Roberto,

I have been visiting the forum since I heard about the new generation mustang
And Googled mustang 6g:) I'm currently driving a 14 focus ST and have been searching for my perfect stang. I'm heading to a dealer tomorrow to test drive a base GT with the performance pack option. My focus is fully loaded and I would
Love to have a premium but the prices in Canada are a lot higher than they are in the states. So for me the base GT is what's in my price range. For those that have base GT's and pp how's the ride and is the lack of all the premium features something you wish you would of got or is the base more than enough for you?

I know these questions have been asked lots so bare with me I'm just curious about your opinions. Post up and tell me what you think!!
Sponsored

Brad

Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S - Big Turbo EB
I would definitely go to your local dealership and sit inside a base model and a premium model. Get a feel for the seats, dash, materials, etc. If the premium is something you can live without, go for it! However, if the premium materials and center console are something you would regret not getting, wait until you have the cash to upgrade. I have a premium, and let me say, those toggles :love:

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
Hey all my name Roberto,

I have been visiting the forum since I heard about the new generation mustang
And Googled mustang 6g:) I'm currently driving a 14 focus ST and have been searching for my perfect stang. I'm heading to a dealer tomorrow to test drive a base GT with the performance pack option. My focus is fully loaded and I would
Love to have a premium but the prices in Canada are a lot higher than they are in the states. So for me the base GT is what's in my price range. For those that have base GT's and pp how's the ride and is the lack of all the premium features something you wish you would of got or is the base more than enough for you?

I know these questions have been asked lots so bare with me I'm just curious about your opinions. Post up and tell me what you think!!
I have a base GT with the Performance Package and the Enhanced Security Package. I ordered this from the factory - it was exactly and specifically what I wanted. The ride is very firm, and the handling is taut. I specifically did not want most of the Premium features. I was seeking a minimal aesthetic to take to the track. I wasn't interested in the heated/cooled leather seats, the pony projection lamps, or the colour adjustable interior. YMMV. The power of the Coyote is intoxicating, the handling of the Performance Package is great, and the exhaust note is in the sweet spot for me.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I have a base GT with the Performance Package and the Enhanced Security Package. I ordered this from the factory - it was exactly and specifically what I wanted. The ride is very firm, and the handling is taut. I specifically did not want most of the Premium features. I was seeking a minimal aesthetic to take to the track. I wasn't interested in the heated/cooled leather seats, the pony projection lamps, or the colour adjustable interior. YMMV. The power of the Coyote is intoxicating, the handling of the Performance Package is great, and the exhaust note is in the sweet spot for me.
THIS too !!

Sponsored

thewoodscrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Base
I came from a Focus ST with every option except moon roof. I got a base model GT and absolutely love my mustang. My only regret is not getting the performance pack since the base GT doesn't handle as well as the ST. I picked up some performance pack springs and I'll throw on some Steeda or BMR sway bars and I think it'll handle as good as an ST....but with way more power.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Look for base only, recaros, and performance package, toggles not required for the BRUTE FORCE that awaits you.:)
If budget is a leading factor you might want to leave out the recaros also. The base seats aren't terrible.

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
I came from a Focus ST with every option except moon roof. I got a base model GT and absolutely love my mustang. My only regret is not getting the performance pack since the base GT doesn't handle as well as the ST. I picked up some performance pack springs and I'll throw on some Steeda or BMR sway bars and I think it'll handle as good as an ST....but with way more power.
Same here - I had a '13 ST that I got in October 2012. One of the first in Canada. I agree the handling on the ST was crazy good - the steering on that car was so quick - I wish the GT had a faster steering ratio and tip-in speed.

I would have missed all the features that the premium model had so I got that. With the current Employee Pricing and 1.49% financing, I could swing it though. I was disappointed that I only got $19K on my trade-in, but that is how it goes...not disappointed in my GT at all. I didn't get the Performance Pack because my car is an automatic. I have had some hip problems so a manual was no longer an option for me. :(

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
If budget is a leading factor you might want to leave out the recaros also. The base seats aren't terrible.
Agree. I have the base GT with performance package. I had a 2014 premium and I loved the leather and little touches, but I'm not missing any of it with the base GT. Save the money on the Recaros too. They're awesome looking, but you can take that $1,500 and buy an intake, tune, and catback. That's actual +HP instead of just looking neater.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
They really improved the base model. Another good thing is a member here is working on toggle switches for the base GT. Good luck

Sponsored

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
They really improved the base model. Another good thing is a member here is working on toggle switches for the base GT. Good luck
This is news to me! Can you link a thread?

OP- the base with PP is more than enough, i think. The value you get with the performance package is silly to not partake in. That part is a MUST. Do you really NEED leather with heated/cooled seats? Nav, etc? Those are questions only you can answer. We can merely give our input. If the $ is not in play to go premium, why even consider it?

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
That's actual +HP instead of just looking neater.
I'm not sure if you've ever autocrossed or raced on a track, but the recaros are worth every penny. More so even than the 20hp you pickup from an intake and tune. I don't know about you but after being tuned for only a few weeks, I already want some more power and am completely used to the added hp...whereas every time I sit in my seats I am so thankful I got the recaros, especially after sitting in the regular premium seats!

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
I'm not sure if you've ever autocrossed or raced on a track, but the recaros are worth every penny. More so even than the 20hp you pickup from an intake and tune. I don't know about you but after being tuned for only a few weeks, I already want some more power and am completely used to the added hp...whereas every time I sit in my seats I am so thankful I got the recaros, especially after sitting in the regular premium seats!
I hear you. I love the Recaro seats and am very jelly I don't have them. I'll probably get the Ford Racing ones in the distant future. I was thinking of the dollar for dollar difference between performance and neato factor without considering the autocross or road racing world. If the OP is shaving bucks off the sticker the Recaros are an easy target in my eyes but dang if I don't want them too!!

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

r-model

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 1987 GT, not stock :-) DD - 2001 F150
I have the car you are thinking about, base GT with PP and Recaros!! This is what I ordered from the factory, seems like an oddball combination that no dealer would stock! The ride is firm and handles like crazy, pulling just over 1G at the Cayuga road course in stock form.
Sponsored