green67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cad
Wow! 133 trap MPH, that's cookin. Now this car is what the meat eaters of the Mustang world are really looking for.
Sponsored

Focustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
AWD - if you make a certain amount of hp and torque just driving two wheels doesn't make much sense anymore. If you floor it at any legal speed you will smoke the tires. Not the way to go fast.
If you know how to drive, then you know that you don't merely floor the throttle to make the car do what you want it to. Understanding how much throttle is needed in a particular car under particular conditions is what separates idiots from drivers.

For a proper sports car or sports coupe, it still makes PERFECT sense to have two wheels do the steering, and two to do the driving, which allows a driver actual control of understeer and oversteer.

Understeer and oversteer happen in any configuration, and AWD is no magic bullet. Of course, we can all drive GT-Rs and pretend we can drive.

The only real advantage to AWD is the launch. I'm sure there are bragging rights to be had there among certain types.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

Non supercharged video

"Before we modify a new car we like to know how fast it is in factory stock form. Here is a new 2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang built by Ford Performance running from 0 to 170 mph. The launch was soft and the shifts were firm but there is certainly better 0-60 and 0100 mph times in this car. We wanted to be able to compare our upgraded GT350 with stock and believe that the 0-150 mph times will be significantly faster."
Just noticed this video.

LOL

That is NOT a serious run. I don't care what they say. That was a joke. Definitely not any reflection of the cars capabilities. It's like it was driven poorly on purpose. They could definitely have given it a few runs and gotten at least ONE good one. Not this amateur stuff from a pro. ridiculous. Especially his ecoboost worthy 0-60 time.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Twin turbos? Yeah, I'm with you there, sort of...

Performance auto? Sacrilege!

AWD? Not likely on this chassis, but why make a Mustang that exceeds two tons? Just for stoplight bragging? That kinda goes against the mission of the 350...
Dude... it's time to let go.

The autos now outperform the manuals significantly. We are in a new era of automobile.

IF you want the best performance, the hipo stangs need to at least give the option. otherwise, the other guys will and you'll be left in the dust happily shifting your way happily in the glow of the other guys taillights, while their autos shift faster than you even could.

And the 350 is out now. So we aren't talking about it. we are talking about the upcoming big brother. Also the chassis can handle AWD just fine. Seriously. It's not like there is some limitation-unless you think the old Evo is a step above. LOL

And AWD providing far greater traction isn't just good for stoplights.

It would add weight. But it would also solve the power effectiveness plaguing Mustangs with massive power. Speaking of which, the GT500/whatever it will be called will be making lots of it. the more of it that actually gets used in moving your car in its intended direction the better. However, IF Henesseys numbers are real, it would seem that even just using 2 wheels, the S550 plants the power down exceptionally well.

AWD = win

performance auto = win

massive power = huge win

Count me in.

All of these are feasible. Perhaps the AWD is the only thing that may not make it.

But the GT500 level car is going to cost a pretty penny.

Sponsored

Newedge713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 ford mustang hatchback
Sorry wouldn't went with a supercharger from what i'm told it takes a good amount of HP to run the supercharger i somebody should grow some nuts and use turbos

G0413

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Just noticed this video.

LOL

That is NOT a serious run. I don't care what they say. That was a joke. Definitely not any reflection of the cars capabilities. It's like it was driven poorly on purpose. They could definitely have given it a few runs and gotten at least ONE good one. Not this amateur stuff from a pro. ridiculous. Especially his ecoboost worthy 0-60 time.
I never had a opinion of Hennessy either way, but when I watched this video of him driving the shelby GT350 I lost it and couldn't believe how lame he really is. He just underrated our car in stock form and him being a pro shop just lost all credibility in my opinion. What a loser. I mean seriously, 5.4 seconds 0-60? Seriously? John you really counted that pathetic start as a good measure of performance and to keep short shifting and when you were doing the top end stretch you were purposely feathering the throttle.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I never had a opinion of Hennessy either way, but when I watched this video of him driving the shelby GT350 I lost it and couldn't believe how lame he really is. He just underrated our car in stock form and him being a pro shop just lost all credibility in my opinion. What a loser. I mean seriously, 5.4 seconds 0-60? Seriously? John you really counted that pathetic start as a good measure of performance and to keep short shifting and when you were doing the top end stretch you were purposely feathering the throttle.
Of course because then he can slap on a Whipple and claim he dropped the car's 0-60 2 full seconds.

He's a scammer and has been for 10-15 years by all of the evidence I've read. People are free to believe what they want but I would never trust this guy with a $100 part let alone a $50k car PLUS $50-100k cash on top.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Enough with the bickering. And keep it on-topic.
Sponsored