Help with leak diagnosis

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
2016 Track Pack ... picked up mid-March and driven back 1400 miles to San Diego. Now up to 2100 miles, first oil change performed (by Ford) at 1900 miles early May.

Typically driving the car 2-3 times a week for short 15-20 mile distances. I pulled the car out of the garage yesterday and noticed the following oil-like substances. They were pooled up around where each front tire would sit. Very small dot of oil directly under the engine. Are my front shocks seals leaking? Or could this all be from the engine? I am going to call the dealer on Monday, but would like to hear some forum responses and see if anyone else has noticed the same. See pictures below:

Left front tire:

Right front tire

Directly under engine
Sponsored

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
probably when they changed the oil filter, oil got spilled all over the under panel(happens to me, next time i will drill a small hole in the filter to let the oil flow out first)
if you jack the car up, can you see any oil dripping from the under panel?

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
check the oil fill cap. It will work itself loose. then you get to deal with mystery leaks, which are really just the splattered oil leaking down.

ask me how i know. :-)

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
When they dropped the filter they probably splattered oil all on the belly pan. Now it's leaking from the sides an everywhere as puddled oil gets sloshed around whenever you turn.

I would jack up the car and take the time to clean it thoroughly, then do your own oil changes from here on out. The space available to change the filter is tiny and I would bet that most here, myself included, made a mess. The tech at ford doing yours for the first time was no different. Only difference is the owner would spend the extra 30 minutes cleaning up the belly pan to like new status, and the tech probably didn't.

Make sure your filter isn't loose while your under there. Better safe than sorry.
Sponsored