HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I did find it odd. Thicknesses should be same in every colour?
The clear will be the same (as the robots can do) on all except maybe Ruby Red but I doubt that Ruby Red is a different thickness simply because I'm sure Ford wants the process to be as similar between colors as possible. They would probably play with the amount of tint rather than thickness of the "clear" to get the desired look. But the clear on all colors is going to be massively thicker than the color base coat which will be just thick enough to be opaque since that's where the material cost is. I read somewhere that white is among the thickest to reach opacity.
Sponsored

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
I haven't had any paint chipping issues and the reference as to the paint being thin is totally unsubstantiated.
People need to realize that the clearcoat on the Ruby is tinted red, unlike the other colors.

This is interesting. How do you know the clearcoat is tinted red? I ask because I just picked up a Ruby Red GT/CS.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
This is interesting. How do you know the clearcoat is tinted red? I ask because I just picked up a Ruby Red GT/CS.
I already knew that RubyRed had a tinted clearcoat, but l also found this out first hand.
I was drying my car with one of my micro fiber towels and didn't realize a metal chip was enbedded in the towel. Needless to say l ended up putting a coulple of scratches in the paint. Anyway l proceeded to go to work on removing these scratches with my DA and cutting pad using a mild cutting compound. So normally when doing this type of cutting one wouldn't see any color on the pad from a regualar clearcoat finish. Buy the time l was about finished getting the scratches removed the pad showed the red color from the tinted clearcoat.
It still made me think l might have cut too much and had gone into the base coat as it was the first time ever seeing color on one of my pads before.

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
University studies have shown that those who drive a Ruby Red Mustang have a higher IQ than those who drive other colors (but all Mustang drivers generally have higher IQs than the rest of the population)....:thumbsup:

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
I love Ruby Red but since my 15 F150 is Ruby i went a different route.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
University studies have shown that those who drive a Ruby Red Mustang have a higher IQ than those who drive other colors (but all Mustang drivers generally have higher IQs than the rest of the population)....:thumbsup:
Only those with high IQ appreciate high IQ jokes.
Everyone else thinks they're nerds.

Sponsored

2blackstangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT w/ PP | 1993 LX Notch
Color choice is certainly subjective, but if you're asking for opinions...

Magnetic is very nice. Although, I am biased towards BLACK :D

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Unfortunately, when they copy/pasted the IQ numbers in the spreadsheet into the report the ruby red color of the average Ruby Red owners' IQ number was lost.

Magnetic6GVert

Austin's Finest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Convertible
No regrets with my Magnetic, do it! You could even add some Ruby stripes if you wanted.

OP
OP
OZDAZ5.0

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Thanks for all your help folks....I'm 100% sold on Magnetic and will lock in my order. Realistically there is no wrong colour for this car.

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
Magnetic = men
Ruby = woman

'Nuff talk
Sponsored