help understand datalog instructions

cadbane5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang
ok so my tuner wants me to datalog 3 things
a. Put the car into gear, and drive around in stop/go traffic for 2-3 minutes;
b. Get on a long stretch of road and perform a SLOW RPM Sweep (1500-3500 rpm) in a single gear;
c. Do a 3rd gear WOT log to 6000 rpm (manual) or until the car shifts on its own (automatic);

the first one is simple but the other 2 im having trouble understanding how to do it

i have an auto so how do i do a slow rpm sweep in one gear without it automatically shifting into the next gear?

and the third how do i do a 3rd gear wot? am i suppose to use the paddle shifters.

sorry im new to all this tuning things and i want to make sure i do it right thanks
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Manual mode.(select shift)

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

Sponsored

OP
OP
cadbane5.0

cadbane5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang
got a p061b code doing a wot pull..checked over dont have any leaks from the cai and the mass sensor is secure. car runs great until i step on it then the wrench comes on and i get the code. tune related?

ApplesAndOranges

Dare to compare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
From the nature of the questions you're asking regarding data logging, it would be a good idea to have someone look over your CAI install to insure everything is where it's supposed to be. Did you change anything else on the car?

Mike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
got a p061b code doing a wot pull..checked over dont have any leaks from the cai and the mass sensor is secure. car runs great until i step on it then the wrench comes on and i get the code. tune related?
Assuming it’s a major tuner, please trust your tuner with this stuff. Email them and ask. They *should* steer you in the right direction.

OP
OP
cadbane5.0

cadbane5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang
From the nature of the questions you're asking regarding data logging, it would be a good idea to have someone look over your CAI install to insure everything is where it's supposed to be. Did you change anything else on the car?
yes i checked and tightend things 4 times it ended up being the tune went to a more well known tuner and car pulls fine

OP
OP
cadbane5.0

cadbane5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang
Assuming it’s a major tuner, please trust your tuner with this stuff. Email them and ask. They *should* steer you in the right direction.
it was tune related i switched to a more known tuner and their first base tune worked like a charm
Sponsored