Sponsored

Help tuning LC2i and subwoofer

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I'd like some help tuning my system. I am running an AudioControl LC2i from both of my rear speakers to a powered 12' Rockford Fosgate subwoofer. The LC2i has bass and AccuBASS control knobs and the sub has gain, bass boost and crossover knobs. I have instructions on how to tune each of them individually, but what's the best way to tune them together? I've had it installed for all of 15 minutes and was able to get it sounding "meh". When starting a song sometimes the sub doesn't sound like it's coming on for a couple seconds and when cranked has a little bit (not like out of phase bad) of distortion even with the gain turned down. I also have a noticeable but not overwhelming pop when the amp turns on. If I were to buy test tones would that help? Thanks for the advice!
Sponsored

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
sonic electronix has test tones on their youtube

OP
OP

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
After watching a lot of YouTube videos and some reading I figured out what to do. I turned the accubass threshold up all the way and use the accubass knob more as an EQ for the bass. After I had it set, I use the settings on the sub to adjust the sound. I'm super happy with how it's turned out.
Sponsored