HN401A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Car: 2015 GT PP, Daily Driver
Mods: Kooks LTH + Green Cats, Double H, Corsa Sports
Tune: FlexFuel, car runs on 93 most of the time

I had the LTH's and tune done a year ago and the car ran very strong up until about 6 weeks ago. One day during highway driving, I had the P0420 code pop up. In an effort to solve that code I added a set of Big Daddies Garage angled 02 spacers. Drove the car for a week or so and that's when the P0133 + P0153 codes popped up. The car hasn't died on me yet, but it does occasionally stumble at idle and definitely doesn't drive as smooth. So, in an effort to solve these codes I have:

Attempt #1 - Replaced the front O2 sensors with new Ford O2's. Drove the car 20-30 miles and the codes came right back.

Attempt #2 - Swapped out the O2 extension cables. Drove the car 20-30 miles and the codes came right back.

Even though these codes are related to the front O2's, is it possible the rear O2 spacers could be causing this by any chance? It seems odd to me that these codes didn't exist until I put the spacers on.

If not that, then do you think this could be tune related?

Am I missing something? Anyone have any ideas?

P.S. P0420 hasn't come back on yet, but I suspect this is because I haven't been able to drive the car through a full drive cycle (5-600 miles).

Thank you,
HN401A
Sponsored

OP
OP
HN401A

HN401A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Bump - Am I really the only one on this forum that has pulled these codes?

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Take off the o2 spacers and reset codes to see if that fixes it. Will eliminate a lot of possibilities.

Seems like the front o2s are not the problem. Saw someone say that it can be because the ECU can't correct properly. My thought is your rear o2s are too far off causing the ECU to become confused.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Take off the o2 spacers and reset codes to see if that fixes it. Will eliminate a lot of possibilities.

Seems like the front o2s are not the problem. Saw someone say that it can be because the ECU can't correct properly. My thought is your rear o2s are too far off causing the ECU to become confused.
Rear O2's will not ever cause front O2 codes, or change any short term engine management.

OP
OP
HN401A

HN401A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Thanks for the replies. It turns out that the front O2s I replaced the originals with were either lemons or mislabeled somehow.

I replaced them again and car is running great now.
Sponsored