Sponsored

HELLION TURBO S550 CONVERTS TO DIRECT INJECTION!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys! Last weekend at the NMRA opener in Bradenton, FL we unleashed one of the most advanced drag/race cars in the world! We have been working with Xtreme-di and Bosch motorsport to install a full high pressure direction injection system on our Turn14 sponsored S550 that competes in X275 and Street Outlaw. This car is equipped with 4 belt driven Xtreme DI fuel pumps and two sets of High Pressure Deatschwerks injectors! This is just a larger version of our record setting street combinations.

As with our twin turbo systems, we are always staying cutting edge with technology and hope to share our results as we race throughout the year.

Stay tuned!

Team Hellion
IMG_20190306_055911_179.jpg
Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
This is just a larger version of our record setting street combinations.
ROFL, really? Amazing car, amazing technology and accomplishments. Why trash all that in the interest of a slimy sales pitch? A larger version of the street combo? LMAO!!

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
How do you guys put 2 sets of injectors into the head?

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
ROFL, really? Amazing car, amazing technology and accomplishments. Why trash all that in the interest of a slimy sales pitch? A larger version of the street combo? LMAO!!
Thank you. It is over a years worth of development to finish this project.

As far as a slimy sales pitch, we are not sure what you mean. We have been working with Xtreme-di on development and testing of their bolt on high pressure upgrade pump for the 2018-2019 GT for a while. Our Turn-14 car is equipped with 4 of the exact same pumps--to support higher horsepower (directly relating to this forum). This engine is equipped with OEM valve train, and if it were outfitted with a cooling system (radiator) could be driven daily. We simply wanted to be clear about the direct correlation between our street systems and the max effort system here. The technology is the same and we are pushing the limits in this particular setup.

Team Hellion

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How do you guys put 2 sets of injectors into the head?
Hello.

We have one injector in the head and a high pressure DI injector in the port for supplement.

Sponsored

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Hello.

We have one injector in the head and a high pressure DI injector in the port for supplement.
Ok, so what is the benefit of using a high pressure DI injector in the port versus regular port injectors?

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ok, so what is the benefit of using a high pressure DI injector in the port versus regular port injectors?
We are able to atomize the fuel to a finer mist for a cleaner burn and more efficiency.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Thank you. It is over a years worth of development to finish this project.

As far as a slimy sales pitch, we are not sure what you mean. We have been working with Xtreme-di on development and testing of their bolt on high pressure upgrade pump for the 2018-2019 GT for a while. Our Turn-14 car is equipped with 4 of the exact same pumps--to support higher horsepower (directly relating to this forum). This engine is equipped with OEM valve train, and if it were outfitted with a cooling system (radiator) could be driven daily. We simply wanted to be clear about the direct correlation between our street systems and the max effort system here. The technology is the same and we are pushing the limits in this particular setup.

Team Hellion
Please explain the direct correlation between your street turbo system and the system on this car. There really inst any other than both vehicles being "turbo".

Again.. amazing tech and i hate to be "that guy" because Hellion is absolutely at the top of their game and i personally appreciate everything you bring/have brought to the Mustang community. I really do.

But subject car and a street car are absolutely not siblings and probably distant relatives at best.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Please explain the direct correlation between your street turbo system and the system on this car. There really inst any other than both vehicles being "turbo".

Again.. amazing tech and i hate to be "that guy" because Hellion is absolutely at the top of their game and i personally appreciate everything you bring/have brought to the Mustang community. I really do.

But subject car and a street car are absolutely not siblings and probably distant relatives at best.

Thank you, we work very hard to bring the best product to the market.

You are correct that the kit on this car is not the same as our bolt on kit. We are limited to a single turbo for this class so we have that type on the race car. The correlation is that the boost, back pressure, and engine are the same. For tuning data the results are very similar. We used our direct injection data from our street car to design the D.I. system on this race car---we are actually sharing the data between the two platforms.

There is more in common between these two setups than most will ever know, that is the exciting part of sharing it on this forum. This isn't some carburetor fed big block race car, it is a sophisticated modern dual overhead cam engine, just like the one sold from Ford on the showroom floor.

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
#1 in the game.. and not for lack of reason! Kill it.. Would love to see this car at DuckX Lights out races! make it happen!

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Mad respect. Congrats on moving the ball forward!
Sooo.. can you get the complete NMRA drivetrain as a kit yet?
Would take the car just like that but with maybe a stock sleeper paint job to keep the police agro to a minimum.
I would probably need some much beefier front wheels cause I will *definitely* hit a curb...

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
#1 in the game.. and not for lack of reason! Kill it.. Would love to see this car at DuckX Lights out races! make it happen!
We will be attending the Sweet 16 in Valdosta, GA in two weeks with this car!

greengoblin31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
Hey guys! Last weekend at the NMRA opener in Bradenton, FL we unleashed one of the most advanced drag/race cars in the world! We have been working with Xtreme-di and Bosch motorsport to install a full high pressure direction injection system on our Turn14 sponsored S550 that competes in X275 and Street Outlaw. This car is equipped with 4 belt driven Xtreme DI fuel pumps and two sets of High Pressure Deatschwerks injectors! This is just a larger version of our record setting street combinations.

As with our twin turbo systems, we are always staying cutting edge with technology and hope to share our results as we race throughout the year.

Stay tuned!

Team Hellion
IMG_20190306_055911_179.jpg
this is super cool. xtreme di is doing good things for genv chevy guys too i see

keep up the good work; i love to see the technology continue to improve ET's

really dude?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
very nice! as always!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.