Sponsored

Headlight Installation

_Laz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, Tech
Does anyone have a link to instructions on how to change out the headlights on the 2015-2016 mustang? I've taken the cover off but not sure if the light just pulls out or if it needs to twist counter clockwise first. I've tried both but it's not budging and I don't want to force it until I know how it comes out.
Sponsored

davidnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT
Does anyone have a link to instructions on how to change out the headlights on the 2015-2016 mustang? I've taken the cover off but not sure if the light just pulls out or if it needs to twist counter clockwise first. I've tried both but it's not budging and I don't want to force it until I know how it comes out.
I'm not having any luck either getting mine out from the top....i can get my hand in there and i have read that there are push pin/ clips on the sides and by pushing them the Bulb should come:headbonk:....also I've read twist counter clockwise ....I don't have a way of taking out the front wheels and fender liner at home as one owner had done in order to changer the bulbs....

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
there are little spring clips that hold the bulb into the socket.

There is one on each side. they need to be pushed away from you and outwards from the bulb body. They are really difficult to feel/see if you do not remove the wheel and fender liner.

If you look in the " what did you do to your GT350 today" thread, i typed out step by step instructions.

OP
OP

_Laz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, Tech
there are little spring clips that hold the bulb into the socket.

There is one on each side. they need to be pushed away from you and outwards from the bulb body. They are really difficult to feel/see if you do not remove the wheel and fender liner.

If you look in the " what did you do to your GT350 today" thread, i typed out step by step instructions.
Thanks Zombiekiller. I was hoping someone was able to do this without having to take the wheels off, since it seems like going from the top should work since it seems Ford designed it to be replaced this way.

Anyone do this without taking the wheels off?
Sponsored