Sponsored

Headers or GT350 IM

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
I did headers first, nice improvement, but I was still bummed at how the power fell at the top of the rpm range. With the GT350 manifold, stock throttle body and stock air box, it feels awesome, it pulls all the way. Do both.
Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
If you can't do both and like to race, I would do cat deletes and the the 350im. If you are mostly looking for under curve power and sound do the headers. The power gained from the 350im will only be noticed under race conditions. The headers will be heard and felt everywhere, just not as much gain above 6k rpm as the 350im.

tcador

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '15 GT PP
I am leaning towards GT350 IM primarily so I don't have to worry about emissions. With the PP Stage 3 it seems like a good alternative, even if it doesn't quite live up to headers on the street.

Bullett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I got the 350 set up first, the 350 tb, mani and air box. Mated with a magnaflow competition catback.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I did headers first, nice improvement, but I was still bummed at how the power fell at the top of the rpm range. With the GT350 manifold, stock throttle body and stock air box, it feels awesome, it pulls all the way. Do both.
so you are using a TB adapter to conect to the stock tube/air box? have not heard anyone going this route. that 350 CAI is pretty cheap as well.

Sponsored

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Headers will give you a better range of power and sound, but depending on your plans in the future should dictate what you should go with. Let me know if you have any questions or need any pricing!

Silver_Bullet_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rashad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
i did headers first...loved the gain in power and sound

when i swapped on the gt350 manifold, everything changed for the better...can't go wrong with either of them.

headers aren't too bad to install yourself. i did it on jack stands with a friend. would have been faster if we knew to remove the battery box to make things easier (overall, got it done in about 13 hours)

my suggestion would be headers first. you feel power in the lower range with the manifold but you really get its potential in the upper range

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
so you are using a TB adapter to conect to the stock tube/air box? have not heard anyone going this route. that 350 CAI is pretty cheap as well.
I am still running the stock airbox with the gt350 manifold and stock TB. Works well. You can't go wrong with either headers or intake manifold... although my GT350 manifold car (stock exhaust) did pull my bud that had SP catless headers and a JLT intake. He bought a 350 manifold a week later...

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
Main reason I went with the gt350 manifold was the way the car felt, it fell on its face pretty badly after 6500 rpm. Now it revs out so free, it is a blast to run through the gears. I'm sure I'd gain a little more with CAI, but it is my daily, I don't really go racing, so I'm not looking for the last tenth.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
very cool. what TB adapter are you using?
Sponsored