Sponsored

Header pricing differences... ARH

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Can anyone logically explain why there is such a large pricing difference between some of the resellers on ARH systems?

I am pricing a full ARH system and it seems there can be as much as nearly a thousand dollars... which brings me to the idea that a reseller might be selling a system re badged as ARH. All the sellers are well known and have an established reputations, so I am not sure what gives...:headbonk:
Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Can anyone logically explain why there is such a large pricing difference between some of the resellers on ARH systems?

I am pricing a full ARH system and it seems there can be as much as nearly a thousand dollars... which brings me to the idea that a reseller might be selling a system re badged as ARH. All the sellers are well known and have an established reputations, so I am not sure what gives...:headbonk:
I would never pay that much for a set of headers. Couple shops I talked to wanted $1500 for headers and then $700-$800 to install. :eyebulge:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
full arh system is way more than "nearly" a thousand. just the headers themselves are several hundreds more than a thousand...without any installs.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
all of the usa brands are going to be more money, as they are usa made, 304 stainless with lifetime warranties.

they are great quality and you cant go wrong with any of them, we have them all, and we have some of the less expensive brands as well, whatever your budget is, we have something that fits

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Pretty sure ARH is like the most expensive system you can buy, but they have an excellent reputation for quality so seems you get what you pay for.

Just save them pennies until you can afford it; that's what I'm doing.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Loved the ARH i had installed in my C6. I would buy them again.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
ARH IS worth the money. As are Kooks, SW, and others in that price range. However I personally would not want to pay that much for a set of headers when TSP, OBX, SP, and a few others are out there. But then again, those top names will still look great 5 years from now where others will look horrible. And they'll sell used for a good amount of money so you won't really lose much. And you're pretty much guaranteed to have no fitment issues with ARH whereas the cheapies might or might not have clearance issues.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I would never pay that much for a set of headers. Couple shops I talked to wanted $1500 for headers and then $700-$800 to install. :eyebulge:
I need to change occupations $700-800 is a lot. I can do headers in about 3 hours with a helper, a lift and air tools on a S-197 and the S-550 has no K member in the way so it should be even easier.
I'm doing my headers Friday evening starting after work at 5:00. I'll be done by 7:30 I bet.

Last edited:

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I need to change occupations $700-800 is a lot. I can do headers in about 3 hours with a helper, a lift and air tools on a S-197 and the S-550 has no K member in the way so it should be even easier.
I'm doing my headers Friday evening starting after work at 5:00. I'll be done by 7:30 I bet.
From what I understand, the S197 is a cakewalk compared to the S550's.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
WTF? TSP making parts for a Ford? There like one of the biggest GM after market parts store. I would of got these over my SP headers if I would have known.
They actually had there C7 headers tested head to head with ARH, Kooks & a bunch of other big name companies same car, same dyno, same day with a well known GM shop & out performed all by a few lbs of tq down low & a few hp through out the rpm rang. Said there primaries were designed longer than the other to achieve more power. Oh & there a fraction of the cost from the other companies.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
Yeah I take that bet. If you can get those manifolds off & headers on in 2 hrs & 30 min then you are the man! Or your the guy from the Burger King comercial with the little tiny hands :lol:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The aforementioned cost to have these installed is believable. I've been involved with installing headers twice now and, especially on the passenger side, it is horrible. Really need a lot of patience and, if I were a mechanic, I'd want to be paid for the frustration. :)

I'll spread the word about these Texas Speed Headers, see what folks think. Are they made in the USA?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
WTF? TSP making parts for a Ford? There like one of the biggest GM after market parts store. I would of got these over my SP headers if I would have known.
They actually had there C7 headers tested head to head with ARH, Kooks & a bunch of other big name companies same car, same dyno, same day with a well known GM shop & out performed all by a few lbs of tq down low & a few hp through out the rpm rang. Said there primaries were designed longer than the other to achieve more power. Oh & there a fraction of the cost from the other companies.
Yeah, very well known and regarded in [my former] Corvette circles. This is very cool information (thanks [MENTION=11082]TheDivaDanielle[/MENTION] )
Sponsored