Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Hey guys, do you guys have any suggestions as far as getting a harness bar vs roll cage just mostly for the benefit of having a harness? My Recaros are nice as hell but I'm kind of a small guy (5'7 and 140lbs) and still slide around just a bit while racing. Would like to strap myself down a bit more during these events without going overboard if I don't have to.

Sorry for the short description. Posting while at a car show.
Sponsored

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
If you're sliding around in the seat you probably could use a smaller one. A Watson roll bar and racing seat with harnesses would be one option. This would basically delete your backseat.

Or, there's Schroth 4pt belts that connect to the backseat seat belts and the standard 3pt locations. You can remove these belts when not in use

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
The Schroth belt is a great option if you don't go the roll bar route. Just be sure to use a Hans with it.

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
Do you recommend bolt in or click in?

The Schroth belt is a great option if you don't go the roll bar route. Just be sure to use a Hans with it.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
It's a click in thpe to existing seat belt locations. Then there are anchor points installed that you then click into. Nice and easy alternative to a roll bar setup. But with impact there is no give like in the 3 point design so a Hans is very definitely in your best interest.

Sponsored

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
I had the Schroth Quickfit Pro last summer and it's a great reversible option that installs in less than a minute once anchor points are installed. I decided to go with the WR roll bar with Schroth Profi II for this summer as I did not feel safe being strapped in a seat knowing that in a rollover I could get crushed by the roof. A standard OEM 3 point belt will allow your upper body to tilt sideways to prevent crushing, something a harness will not allow. A "HANS-type" device is also a great safety accessory to have since the added weight of the helmet makes the forces on your cervical spine increase +++ in a crash. I went with the Schroth SHR flex mainly for the compact design and the fact that it's flexible, allowing a variable seating position depending on the car.

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
I had the Schroth Quickfit Pro last summer and it's a great reversible option that installs in less than a minute once anchor points are installed. I decided to go with the WR roll bar with Schroth Profi II for this summer as I did not feel safe being strapped in a seat knowing that in a rollover I could get crushed by the roof. A standard OEM 3 point belt will allow your upper body to tilt sideways to prevent crushing, something a harness will not allow. A "HANS-type" device is also a great safety accessory to have since the added weight of the helmet makes the forces on your cervical spine increase +++ in a crash. I went with the Schroth SHR flex mainly for the compact design and the fact that it's flexible, allowing a variable seating position depending on the car.
I'm also getting the WR roll cage and looking for a harness. The Schroth Quickfit Pro looks like a 4-point, compatible with the factory seats. But it sounds like you say you ditched it after deciding to get the WR roll cage and went with the Schroth Profi II -- which looks like a 6-point harness. I don't see any way to use a 6-point with the factory seats.

So could you guys all clarify what harness you would use with WR 4-point roll cage and factory seats?

Thanks,

PG

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Can't use a 6 pt system with the factory seats as there isn't a hole for the anti-submarine belts.
I don't have a roll cage as I'm not worried about rollovers. So I can't directly respond to your question. But there are plenty of 4 pt belt systems out there that connect to a roll bar.

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm also getting the WR roll cage and looking for a harness. The Schroth Quickfit Pro looks like a 4-point, compatible with the factory seats. But it sounds like you say you ditched it after deciding to get the WR roll cage and went with the Schroth Profi II -- which looks like a 6-point harness. I don't see any way to use a 6-point with the factory seats.

So could you guys all clarify what harness you would use with WR 4-point roll cage and factory seats?

Thanks,

PG
I should have specified that I use the Profi II ASM which is the 4point version. ASM stands for antisbmarining. With a classic 4 point harness since your torso does not rotate arround the lap belt (as with an OEM 3 point belt) your body is forced to submarine under the lapbelt, especially if you drive in a laid back position. The schroth asm is a patented seem on the inner shoulder belt that gives at a certain load and allows your torso to rotate/bend forward and prevents submarining. It's the only 4 point system that I know that has this feature. I wouldn't consider a 4 point that does not have this feature. The safest way to go will always be 6 point harness but that implies specific seat. The Vipers have a slot in the cushion to allow the crotch straps but the GT350 doesn't.

Using the Quickfit pro with a roll bar is not indicated as the path of the belt is going to be modified by the roll bar, unless you route it under the bar without going over. If you have a bar you might as well go with a wrap arround harness like the profi II adm.

My 0.02$

Sponsored
OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Very interesting read guys. Looks like I've got some research to do. :(

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
I should have specified that I use the Profi II ASM which is the 4point version. ASM stands for antisbmarining. With a classic 4 point harness since your torso does not rotate arround the lap belt (as with an OEM 3 point belt) your body is forced to submarine under the lapbelt, especially if you drive in a laid back position. The schroth asm is a patented seem on the inner shoulder belt that gives at a certain load and allows your torso to rotate/bend forward and prevents submarining. It's the only 4 point system that I know that has this feature. I wouldn't consider a 4 point that does not have this feature. The safest way to go will always be 6 point harness but that implies specific seat. The Vipers have a slot in the cushion to allow the crotch straps but the GT350 doesn't.

Using the Quickfit pro with a roll bar is not indicated as the path of the belt is going to be modified by the roll bar, unless you route it under the bar without going over. If you have a bar you might as well go with a wrap arround harness like the profi II adm.

My 0.02$
Got it, makes more sense now. If I understand correctly, Schroth Quickfit Pro is for stock config with no roll cage. With roll cage, the correct harness would be the Schroth Profi II ASM.

Any opinions on the difference between Profi II ASM and ASM FE models? Also curious if anybody knows about the lap adjust pull up vs. pull down and why that's only mentioned on the FE model.

Thanks!

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
I have the Schroth Quickfit pro with their HANS device and used it twice last year. It worked very well. Need to sell it now I guess.

This season I will be using the Profi II ASM and HANS device with a Watson roll bar.

Any opinions on the difference between Profi II ASM and ASM FE models? Also curious if anybody knows about the lap adjust pull up vs. pull down and why that's only mentioned on the FE model.
The FE has the DOT release button so it is legal to use on the street where the ASM is track only. Both have the same pull up lap belt adjusters.

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it, makes more sense now. If I understand correctly, Schroth Quickfit Pro is for stock config with no roll cage. With roll cage, the correct harness would be the Schroth Profi II ASM.

Thanks!
Correct about the Quickfit Pro being the non-roll bar/stock verison! It might work with a roll bar but for sure not the best option. Plus the Quickfit Pro is more expensive, so if you go with a roll bar go with the Profi II!

The FE is the "Fast Exit" model with red release button and the other model comes with the standard CamLock for a more "racecar" feel! I went with camlock as I dont plan on using the 4 point belts on the street.

The lap belt for the FE is sewn in so it does not allow to convert from pull up to pull down. I think you choose either one at checkout and thats it! The camlock style comes with wrapped in buckles so you can convert from pull up to pull down depending on your taste. after a couple of tries I ended up going pull up on the inward strap and pull down on the outward strap. If you decide to go with the FE I would suggest going pull up. Because of the center console it makes it hard to adjust by pulling down on the inward strap.

I ordered from schrothracing.com.
https://www.schrothracing.com/products/profi-ii-asm#1598
They are great to work with and can help you get exactly what you want! Make sure you get a 01324 - Bolt-in B23A Kit "Rallye End" if you go with the camlock style since it's not bolt in but snap-in.

If you look at the picture the yellow "label" on the inward shoulder strap is the ASM fold. It gives and stretches in case of a crash.
IMG_1680.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: