Hard to Believe . . . .

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
But I have had my car six months and today is the first day I have cleaned it.

It's been through the car wash several times, but between living where there was no pavement, moving, and now still living where there's no pavement (though I have a garage with a concrete floor) there hasn't been a lot of opportunity.

Today we finally got the last of the chicken barn stuff moved out of the garage and into the chicken barn, and I reclaimed my space by breaking out the Griots' bottles and actually cleaning my car.

Turns out there's quite a difference between running it through the car wash versus actually cleaning it. It looks darn good. This is the first time I have been able to wipe down the dashboard, interior, seats and so forth, wash the insides of the windows, get the little spots off the paint, remove the bugs (and find about five rock chips on the front bumper, darn it!) and most of all, clean the wheels! I don't know what gunk they use for "wheel dressing," but it's apparently related to Brylcream. It's a dirt attractant. I have the 18" Foundry wheels, which I think look great, but they had been looking sad with that stuff all over them. All gone now, shiny and charcoal-colored just like they are supposed to be.

I have missed having a garage, since I left my big garage behind in 2013. The tiny thing we called "garage" in our last house wasn't big enough to park in, much less to work in. This new one is a tandem-length 24-foot-wide deal with another single bay tagged on one end, with another door on that bay. By my count that's FIVE bays, a double door and a single door. I will enjoy having this new one.
Sponsored

3AlarmStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White EcoBoost Auto
Nothing beats a good hand wash and detail. I love washing, waxing and detailing my mustang. I use to run my truck through the car washes but not my mustangs. I'm too particular lol.

OP
OP
Old 5 Oh

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
For me it's been about not having any place to work. Since posting this I have been able to hand-clean my car three times, and that's fun!

Of course, I am now four for four the last weeks in taking my car out in bright sunshine at my house, only to drive into a thunderstorm up the road! Time for another cleaning!
Sponsored