Sponsored

Guys, talk some sense into me.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Man, I do want one of these things. The new styling is awesome.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Coming from an RX-8 R3, being beat by a Toyota Camry constantly gets old pretty quickly. With that being said, the GT is no slough in the corners either although some suspensions adjustment need to be made for my taste.
The beauty of the Mustang is 435HP.

BallisticBurrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Coming from an RX-8 R3, being beat by a Toyota Camry constantly gets old pretty quickly. With that being said, the GT is no slough in the corners either although some suspensions adjustment need to be made for my taste.
The beauty of the Mustang is 435HP.
If you don't already put on a strut tower brace. I put on the ford racing strut tower and cowl brace. It is a beast through corners now, more so than before.

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
CONGRATS MAN!!

Ignore the haters; they have obviously never driven a Miata. I see you live in NC, so I expect you will be visiting the Tail of the Dragon as soon as she's properly broken in! :headbang: And you need to Autocross it at least once - put that on your bucket list.

Be sure to come back to these forums and tell us about all of your mechanical problems...OH WAIT...you won't have any. Well, at least come back and tell us about your horrific Mazda dealer customer service...OH WAIT...that won't happen either. I guess you will have to visit us periodically to respond to any Ford fanbois that whine about the fact that it's just not possible to mass-produce a convertible that is both reliable and fun for around $30K...so copy this to paste later:

"BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!"

You may also use this:

"Really? REALLY???"

I sincerely hope (nah...I know) that you will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed both of mine!! :cheers:

Sponsored

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Sweet ride Thed! Congrats!

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
If you don't already put on a strut tower brace. I put on the ford racing strut tower and cowl brace. It is a beast through corners now, more so than before.
My CS comes with CS strut brace already. It's pretty rigid in the front. I want to stiffen up the back. Factory shocks don't do anything. The back just floats about.

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Most people don't know that the Miata was the best selling sports car ever. They are also a blast to drive regardless of the power (if you ever drove a Porsche Boxter you know). That being said you don't want to be that guy that actually OWNS a Miata. :/

Sponsored

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
There's a guy in the marketplace forum parting out a 2015 mustang. Buy his entire drive train and ram it into the Miata

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Doesn't matter either way.

Letting other peoples' perceptions - or what you think those perceptions might be - taint your driving experience is very much a self-image problem.

Norm

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
CONGRATS MAN!!

Ignore the haters; they have obviously never driven a Miata. I see you live in NC, so I expect you will be visiting the Tail of the Dragon as soon as she's properly broken in! :headbang: And you need to Autocross it at least once - put that on your bucket list.
I booked a room to go to TOTD in late July, so that will be happening soon! As for Autodcross:

Be sure to come back to these forums and tell us about all of your mechanical problems...OH WAIT...you won't have any. Well, at least come back and tell us about your horrific Mazda dealer customer service...OH WAIT...that won't happen either. I guess you will have to visit us periodically to respond to any Ford fanbois that whine about the fact that it's just not possible to mass-produce a convertible that is both reliable and fun for around $30K...so copy this to paste later:

"BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!"

You may also use this:

"Really? REALLY???"

I sincerely hope (nah...I know) that you will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed both of mine!! :cheers:
Thanks, and I am enjoying every single minute that I get to drive it. Trust me, if I cared about what other people thought, I wouldn't have bought a Miata OR Mustang. Hello leased BMW!

Last edited:

volinbham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT convertible
Congrats. I owned a 91 SE Miata and until very recently was convinced I'd be buying the 2016 Miata.

I've owned 2 Boxsters and thought about going back but they are just a bit too pricy for me.

In the end decided on the Mustang vert 5.0 PP for the comfort and power. I drove the Miata and it was just too small for my 53 year old body. Great car though and looks fantastic.

For me it's all about driver engagement and all 3 cars I considered have it in spades. Thought it was time for a change but totally understand the decision set and final decision.

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Around 28K for a car that delivers......155HP lol
For now. I already put a new muffler on it. A tune is going to be sent out in the next few weeks.

But you aren't just buying the engine in the Miata, like you do with the Mustang GT.
Sponsored