Sponsored

Guys have you read this from Ford Tech Central.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
I was at my Ford Dealer today to pick up a Fresh Air Intake Filter that Finally came in for the 350, and the one Service Tech, he is the only one that works on any of my cars, he is a great Mechanic, he is the one that gave me this paper work on the the GT350 and GT350R Brake Service. Hope this helps some? :ford: :thumbsup:
image.jpg
Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
This is good to know.
Question, how long do the massive rotors last on these beasts?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Thanks for the heads up John. :thumbsup:

Are you doing your own oil change John ? I'm asking cuz you got the air filter from your dealership.

Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I believe the reason for this notice is that the rotors cannot be serviced on a standard brake rotor machine that uses the hub for mounting due to the disc floating on the 15 pins. There is a minimum thickness specification on the rotors that should have about 1.5mm of thickness stock to work with when new.
I have a machine that can grind these rotors and refresh the surface that is independent from the hub. I developed it to grind motorcycle rotors and can dress a rotor by .001" at a pass and stay parallel to .0001".
When the time comes, I will be grinding my rotors.

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
I believe the reason for this notice is that the rotors cannot be serviced on a standard brake rotor machine that uses the hub for mounting due to the disc floating on the 15 pins. There is a minimum thickness specification on the rotors that should have about 1.5mm of thickness stock to work with when new.
I have a machine that can grind these rotors and refresh the surface that is independent from the hub. I developed it to grind motorcycle rotors and can dress a rotor by .001" at a pass and stay parallel to .0001".
When the time comes, I will be grinding my rotors.

Blanchard grinder?

john

OP
OP
Old Car Guy

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Dan.

Thanks for the heads up John. :thumbsup:

Are you doing your own oil change John ? I'm asking cuz you got the air filter from your dealership.
No Dan I'm not doing my own oil changes right now, I have more free oil changes from my Ford dealer, I bought the air filter just to have a extra one, and I'm glad I did it took the air filter 33 days to get to the my dealer. :cheers:

Good to hear from you Dan, hope your enjoying your 350 after a long wait. We need to see your name on mustang 6G registry. :thumbsup: John

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Blanchard grinder?

john
No, custom machine I built from a vertical mill with a grinding head and a rotary table with an adjustable magnet configuration to hold the disc.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
There ya have it folks. A little bit of noise is becauseracecar.
yep. And I can't think of too many folks that resurface rotors before or after track use. They are really inexpensive for what they are, cheap insurance just to replace.

9/10 any squealing or vibration under braking is pad deposits anyway, no need to resurface to fix that

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
yep. And I can't think of too many folks that resurface rotors before or after track use. They are really inexpensive for what they are, cheap insurance just to replace.

9/10 any squealing or vibration under braking is pad deposits anyway, no need to resurface to fix that
I was pleasantly surprised at the price too. Basically $500 for fronts? Umm...yes please! I expect to kill a set of brakes every 2 years with racing duty, autocross and some track days, and DD'ing 8 months out of the year.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Yeah, really good and inexpensive rotors.