Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Can't outrun the radio...
Incorrect...lol a lot of super cars will get you away if you know how to drive them. Police choppers only run like 120-150 for about 1 hour and they are done. Cruisers top out at 140 ish....if he could have maintained 150 long enough and turned off he could have made it. But yes mustang GTs don't outrun radios

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
:D The guy needed a supercharger and some decent rubber on those rims.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Ok quick show of hands. Has anyone here ever evaded and got away? Im betting getting away is simple a matter of the time of day and knowing your surroundings. Late at night or early morning equals a lot less cruisers on the street.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Tried twice and got caught both times. Years ago, pulled off the first exit after flying by one blacked out in the median. Figured I had him since he didnt even pull out until I was on the exit (a good 1/4 - 1/2 mile back) . I didnt even get to the end of the exit before he was on my arse.

Second time I was just within visible distance of my driveway when a charger I flew by moments ago started making a U turn. I was out of my car in the driveway thinking I was safe being home and out of the car. Cop laughed in my face about that. I laughed too.

Lesson learned. Twice.

Sponsored

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Ok quick show of hands. Has anyone here ever evaded and got away? Im betting getting away is simple a matter of the time of day and knowing your surroundings. Late at night or early morning equals a lot less cruisers on the street.
In highschool in a small town we could get away pretty easy hitting back roads but the cops never tried too hard. I know a couple guys that have gotten away in some pretty good chases and have a pretty good friend that wrecked his 03 cobra running. The problem is now days they will shoot you for it. Most cops figure if your running your dangerous or have a good reason to run so if they can see your a danger to other people they just end you....

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Holy crap. 160 miles, that's like eluding the coppers from Seattle to Portland to Seattle to Whistler Canada.

Holy crap.
Legend, like Smokey Nagata from back in the day.

[ame]

xfyre101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`15 CO PP GT
im surprised he was able to get 160 miles worth of gas, probably going balls to the wall running from the cops. thats impressive

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Wow, so much hate on the stock Pirelli's here... Guess you guys have never had them properly warmed up. I've tracked it with stockers and they felt like DOT-R's after a heat cycle.

and you can outrun the radio, you just gotta listen in. I was young and stupid once. and lucky.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
bet the rears looked like this, granted it has its best traction this way, spike strip takes out any tires, he had to have just filled up and had to be about out of gas. coundt catch him in the dodges until spiked tire

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Anybody see the doc on Big Red last Monday night. They closed off a 100 mile stretch of highway in Nevada. Big Red a 1969 camaro in race trim reached over 220 mph and set the record. Cool show it's on for 7 more episodes Monday nights @ 9 pm EST on NBCsN. This car out runs everything on the planet. Mojave magnum they set the record of 234.4 mph and it stills stands today .They are going for a 250 mph land speed @ the flats.

"Big Red the original outlaw racer". If you like speed don't miss this show. Also ----big red.com--

Last edited:

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
If they get a good look at your plates...no sense in running, you're already caught.

ShadowHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT
Don't f*ck with the sheepdog.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Tried twice and got caught both times. Years ago, pulled off the first exit after flying by one blacked out in the median. Figured I had him since he didnt even pull out until I was on the exit (a good 1/4 - 1/2 mile back) . I didnt even get to the end of the exit before he was on my arse.

Second time I was just within visible distance of my driveway when a charger I flew by moments ago started making a U turn. I was out of my car in the driveway thinking I was safe being home and out of the car. Cop laughed in my face about that. I laughed too.

Lesson learned. Twice.
In highschool in a small town we could get away pretty easy hitting back roads but the cops never tried too hard. I know a couple guys that have gotten away in some pretty good chases and have a pretty good friend that wrecked his 03 cobra running. The problem is now days they will shoot you for it. Most cops figure if your running your dangerous or have a good reason to run so if they can see your a danger to other people they just end you....
Only did it once myself. I was going to work about 3:30 in morning. And got stuck behind a guy hauling a wagon of hey with a tractor and taking up both lanes. I got road raged up since the guy wouldn't get over enough to go around and the first wide spot in the road I passed him. I was doing about 105 when I passed a state trooper going in the other direction. I figured he was going to jam me up for going that fast so I just said F*%k it and buried the throttle. I was in a 400+ WHP SRT-4 so by the time he turned his lights on and got turned around I was a mile down the road. He chased for about 5 seconds and then He turned the lights off. I guess he figured he couldn't catch me and didn't have any buddies close by to radio ahead to. Bucket list thing. Doubt I'd ever do it again.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Only did it once myself. I was going to work about 3:30 in morning. And got stuck behind a guy hauling a wagon of hey with a tractor and taking up both lanes. I got road raged up since the guy wouldn't get over enough to go around and the first wide spot in the road I passed him. I was doing about 105 when I passed a state trooper going in the other direction. I figured he was going to jam me up for going that fast so I just said F*%k it and buried the throttle. I was in a 400+ WHP SRT-4 so by the time he turned his lights on and got turned around I was a mile down the road. He chased for about 5 seconds and then He turned the lights off. I guess he figured he couldn't catch me and didn't have any buddies close by to radio ahead to. Bucket list thing. Doubt I'd ever do it again.

Lol awesome!

I attempted once. I was following traffic going about 10-15 over then everyone in front had turned off but everyone behind wanted to maintain speed so I did. Saw a cop pass the other direction and watched in my rear view as he started to pull a u turn so I quickly ducked into the next gravel side road went a half mile and waited. He caught me...not sure what he was thinking though because he just gave me a warning and let me go. Maybe he thought I was being nice and pulling off the busy road for him? :shrug:

Like you say though, one time thing...that was back in HS...I'm not dumb enough to try that now lol
Sponsored