Sponsored

GUARD S550 MUSTANG Thread

Timo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Mustang GT PP
What an idea!

Installed the Diode Dynamics engine bay green led lights today under the strut tower brace. I put the switch in the battery cover. I figured it was the best location for not having to run the wires longer than necessary.
This has potential to be bad to the bone. Wonder if we could develop three, three inch long strips of much darker deeper green to light the powered by ford strips and center imr section. Real dark. Just enough to see. What a starter. Please don't be offended. It's the engineer in me seeing an idea and wanting to take it to the next level in me meager mind. Just IMHO.
Sponsored

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
This has potential to be bad to the bone. Wonder if we could develop three, three inch long strips of much darker deeper green to light the powered by ford strips and center imr section. Real dark. Just enough to see. What a starter. Please don't be offended. It's the engineer in me seeing an idea and wanting to take it to the next level in me meager mind. Just IMHO.
No offense taken. I am not sure where you mean. Where is the third Powered by Ford mentioned? I am open to any suggestion that makes the car look bad. I am not sure what colors are possible with LEDs. Maybe we can get Paul or Nick at Diode to get involved at least to get an answer as to what colors are possible.

Last edited:

Timo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Mustang GT PP
No I meant the two side coil covers. Then down the middle would be one to light up the intake runners. I think the LEDs can be made into any color really. That is still super cool.

Sponsored

fasthall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ECO
I just jumped to guard from competitive orange.
I really love this color but EB PP wheels just don't match it IMO...
But I need PP :~

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I have a guards on order and am really looking forward to getting my hands on it...

I used to have this Aston in "ghillies" Green..... Which to my eyes is really close in colour to gaurd....

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fasthall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ECO
Anybody know why the PP wheels in early posts are matte silver rather than black we get?

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Anybody know why the PP wheels in early posts are matte silver rather than black we get?
Pre-production. People were pissed too.

Herr Squid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Ecoboost Premium
I have a guards on order and am really looking forward to getting my hands on it...

I used to have this Aston in "ghillies" Green..... Which to my eyes is really close in colour to gaurd....

Wow. This is the first time I've looked back at photos of an Aston after getting used to the looks of the S550. I have to say I like the looks of the Ford better! :ford:

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
I come back to this thread every week or so and I am never disappointed. :headbang:
Sponsored