Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Was it you who beat the base C8? I did think that was a silly brag for obvious reasons.

My Z06 comment was saying it's a more natural competitor and one that would not be dispatched so easily (halo car vs halo car). The truth is they're completely different types of cars that don't really line up cleanly for comparison.

In terms of the race between the two, it was what it was. There are portions of the race where the 500 accelerates faster. I don't think you'd want the road too long, though. The Shelby will likely have more aero drag just by having the bigger frontal area. Over 150 mph, aero drag starts to dominate the conversation, but maybe the Vette has a lot of cooling drag? That's possible.

Whatever, enjoy your car.
Was it you who got beat by the GT500? Do you have a C8 or Z06? If not then bragging about a car you don't own is silly.

Natural competitor doesn't matter in any scenario other than on paper. In the real world you race what you come up against. In that guy's case he came up against a C8 and apparently the C8 gave it a go and lost.

In terms of the race, the GT500 outpaced the C8 everywhere besides the first 60 MPH. At 60 the C8 had a 1.2 second lead. By the quarter mile that lead got chopped in half to 0.7 seconds and the Z06 was moving 1.2 MPH slower. By the end of the race the lead was still only 0.7 seconds which means the Z06 did not pull away at all. But now the Shelby was 3 MPH faster. To me that means the C8 did not out corner or out brake the GT500 when it got to the loop. So after 60 MPH the GT500 was moving faster for the majority of the race and in other parts was moving just as fast.

That is why stats are important. Without stats people would just watch the race and see the C8 Z06 cross the line first and automatically think it is just a faster car. The stats show us that this is far from the case and the GT500 is actually the faster car in every measurement after 60 MPH. So from stop to stop the C8 and C8 Z06 are hard to beat. But at any speed where traction is not a factor and it will lose.

I will enjoy my car. Thanks. You enjoy your car.
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
LOL, you're right.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the love of god can we not bring this thread back to life. It died 3 weeks ago, let it rest in whatever hole it ended up in :like:
Or you can just unsubscribe and then use the little wheel in the center of your mouse to scroll right past.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Or you can just unsubscribe and then use the little wheel in the center of your mouse to scroll right past.
Bud, you were the one who was arguing about a topic that has been thoroughly argued. Trust me I was part of it.

There is a point at which we all have to exercise a little common sense and not bring a thread that was a disaster of an argument back to life again. Maybe you should read the whole thread before you start arguing and realize everything you have said was said at least 10 times prior in the thread :like:

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bud, you were the one who was arguing about a topic that has been thoroughly argued. Trust me I was part of it.

There is a point at which we all have to exercise a little common sense and not bring a thread that was a disaster of an argument back to life again. Maybe you should read the whole thread before you start arguing and realize everything you have said was said at least 10 times prior in the thread :like:
If you're that sick of it then unsubscribe and scroll past.

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
This is officially in the running for most ridiculous thread since I’ve been a member here.

ZLwhat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
One thing that we can all agree on is that the Corvette is - by far - the best womens sport car on the market today, for under $200k (including ADM).
Umm you know the original Mustang was built specifically for women to drive no?

Sponsored
OP
OP
OH3Cobra

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Original poster here. Wanted you all to know that I took my GT500 to a track weekend and couldn't be more impressed with how the package works on a track. I shouldn't be surprised given the efforts and evolution that led to this vehicle.

My instructor was a very talented guy with a Corvette Grandsport with mods and a manual. He was impressed by the Tremec box and how intuitive it is (ran in Sport Mode because I wanted more TC given my first outing in this car) and the stability and consistency of the braking. For those turning this into a measuring contest, the best car people I know have learned to appreciate the variety of great cars out there.

ZLwhat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Original poster here. Wanted you all to know that I took my GT500 to a track weekend and couldn't be more impressed with how the package works on a track. I shouldn't be surprised given the efforts and evolution that led to this vehicle.

My instructor was a very talented guy with a Corvette Grandsport with mods and a manual. He was impressed by the Tremec box and how intuitive it is (ran in Sport Mode because I wanted more TC given my first outing in this car) and the stability and consistency of the braking. For those turning this into a measuring contest, the best car people I know have learned to appreciate the variety of great cars out there.
Yeah well that will be hard to find around here on a Ford forum....haha

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
The consensus is that the Corvette's Tremec DCT programming is not of the same caliber as the GT500 DCT.

Apparently this is not a 'Tremec thing'. It is a Chevrolet Corvette engineering team,
vs
the Ford Shelby GT500 engineering team, as it relates to the gear boxes abilities when in racing & track conditions.

I cannot speak to the reality of it all, but perhaps GM used logic that Tremec created as a baseline, where we do do that the Ford engineering team participated in the Tremec shift logic under performance driving modes.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah well that will be hard to find around here on a Ford forum....haha
Well that's why it is a "Ford" forum and not a "variety of great cars" forum.
Sponsored