Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I guess reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit. Eat a …..

Unless you mention that a Furd is inferior to another brand of car.......smh......you're just as blind as the rest of them....this isn't a car enthusiast forum, this is a forum of a select number of dudes that think their Furd is superior and their dick is bigger.....
Sponsored

DR_Mach1Yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC 2500, 2022 GT500, 2023 Corvette Z06 !!!

Lol… fellas, ladies, peakcocks. They are both great cars. Love love love… lol peace, happiness ….

DR_Mach1Yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC 2500, 2022 GT500, 2023 Corvette Z06 !!!

Lol… fellas, ladies, peakcocks. They are both great cars. Love love love… lol peace, happiness ….

Literally what I said. No one starts a race at 130mph, the GT500 was faster in MPH but the C8Z Walks it so bad it never got to flex its muscle….

Last edited:

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
You seem angry. Someone asked something like "I wonder which is faster, a C8 or 500", something along those lines. I answered them. And around these parts, any C8 Vette is GT500 money. Also, the car has a couple hundred less horsepower, but is still lighter and mid engined.
Incredulous would be closer to reality.

sean p

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 Velocity blue w/black stripe
@OH3Cobra Small world!
Stumbled on his channel the other day and saw his review of his roush. Nice Work

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I didn't read thru all the comments. What's the argument here?

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
So the argument is about what is the faster vehicle C8Z or GT500, well the C8Z should be in all aspects if not you got ripped off. You are comparing a mid engine big dollar near exotic to a rear wheel drive 4000+ lb muscle car which happens to handle well. This being said the 500s weakness is traction, spending $900.00 on a set of rear tires R888s/DRs will help narrow the traction gap a bit. First time I took my 500 to the track or layed into it on the highway with the stock rubber I knew what had to be done.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the argument is about what is the faster vehicle C8Z or GT500, well the C8Z should be in all aspects if not you got ripped off. You are comparing a mid engine big dollar near exotic to a rear wheel drive 4000+ lb muscle car which happens to handle well. This being said the 500s weakness is traction, spending $900.00 on a set of rear tires R888s/DRs will help narrow the traction gap a bit. First time I took my 500 to the track or layed into it on the highway with the stock rubber I knew what had to be done.
Well the C8Z will for sure get off the line faster. If it is in a straight line then it comes down to if there is enough room for the GT500 to catch and pass or even just catch. On a roll I think they will be about even but it can go either way. Around a track I think the GT500 might have a steep hill to climb. If we're including the CF GT500 in all this, which we should as that would be more fair, then that would be fun to watch. Even if the C8Z is faster in all aspects I don't see how that detracts from the Shelby. I don't see why anyone would be up in arms about it.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
It started with a 500 guy beating a base C8 in a street race. It went sideways when I said the 500 doesn't stand much of a chance against a Z06, which is a more natural comparison. For general enjoyment, the Gt500 is a much better car to actually drive and use. The C8Z is just a tick faster.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It started with a 500 guy beating a base C8 in a street race. It went sideways when I said the 500 doesn't stand much of a chance against a Z06, which is a more natural comparison. For general enjoyment, the Gt500 is a much better car to actually drive and use. The C8Z is just a tick faster.

The Z06 took the lead from the start which it should. The GT500 started closing the gap which it should. To overcome a 1.2 second lead and close the gap moving faster AND to end it by a 0.7 second deficit says a lot about how fast the Shelby is up top. It just seems odd that they didn't do a roll race. But the MPH tells us all how that would have went.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
So is terminal speed what you're hanging your hat on? From what I was seeing, the bigger greenhouse/higher drag of the Gt500 was having an effect at the top end of that race. I will agree that there's a mid-range of speed (90-120?)where it looked like the 500 was making a come-back.

Why are you guys so bumpy about getting beat by a Vette? The target was set almost 8 years ago. Someone is eventually going to produce a faster car for similar money. That doesn't mean it's a better car. Winning a magazine spreadsheet battle is no great feat.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So is terminal speed what you're hanging your hat on? From what I was seeing, the bigger greenhouse/higher drag of the Gt500 was having an effect at the top end of that race. I will agree that there's a mid-range of speed (90-120?)where it looked like the 500 was making a come-back.

Why are you guys so bumpy about getting beat by a Vette? The target was set almost 8 years ago. Someone is eventually going to produce a faster car for similar money. That doesn't mean it's a better car. Winning a magazine spreadsheet battle is no great feat.
I don't think anyone is bumpy. But it does sound like you're desperately trying to rattle some cages. A guy says he beat a C8 in his GT500 and then you chime in talking about Z06s. That right there tells me that you got bumpy off a C8 getting beat by a GT500 and just had to retaliate. So look genius, nobody here expects the GT500 to be able to beat a C8 Z06 in these races that favor a Z06. I simply think it is a bit weird that they didn't do a roll race. Usually these guys do at "there and back" run and then a roll race. But they didn't this time. Odd.

So look, I simply countered your point about Z06s being faster by mentioning that the GT500 had a higher MPH. It removed half of the initial lead the Z06 started with. That says a lot. If they were going the same speed at the end then that 1.2 second advantage the Z06 had would have translated into a 1.2 second difference at the end. But to lose 0.7 seconds thru the race and end it going slower means the GT500 was pulling like a monster. It not only had to neutralize any acceleration the Z06 had, but it then started out-accelerating it. So technically the Z06 is not a faster car. It just has a heck of a launch. Would I want to race one from light to light? Well I wouldn't back down. I'll take my losses. But would they want to see me on a nice long stretch of road? LOL.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Was it you who beat the base C8? I did think that was a silly brag for obvious reasons.

My Z06 comment was saying it's a more natural competitor and one that would not be dispatched so easily (halo car vs halo car). The truth is they're completely different types of cars that don't really line up cleanly for comparison.

In terms of the race between the two, it was what it was. There are portions of the race where the 500 accelerates faster. I don't think you'd want the road too long, though. The Shelby will likely have more aero drag just by having the bigger frontal area. Over 150 mph, aero drag starts to dominate the conversation, but maybe the Vette has a lot of cooling drag? That's possible.

Whatever, enjoy your car.
Sponsored