Gt500 or gt shelby supersnake

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
OP why is this even a question? The Shelby has built powertrain designed to handle the extra power. The Super Snake is a GT with MODS using the GT powertrain. Supersnake is badass no doubt but for the price I expect a built powertrain. No brainer to go with the GT500. You can just get a tune and pulley and get even more power easily and reliably.
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
To the original poster: Get a GT500 without any second thoughts or hesitation.

The Shelby stamped serial number. If it doesnā€™t have a CSM itā€™s not a true Shelby built car.
Shelby doesnā€™t ā€œbuildā€ cars. They modify already built cars. They slap whipples, suspension components, and fancier looking seats, wheels, and decals on a Mustang GT and call it a Shelby American. No thanks.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2023 F150 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Shouldn't you be working to pay off your SA build (lol).

Good catching up with you again. Cable was delivered.
Back at it in the am, ha-ha.

Excellent news, keep me posted.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Itā€™s all good. I completely agree with you that the Super Snakes should of been based off the 500. I completely get why many are interested and drawn to the CSM part of SA car. My perspective is unique and biased due to a previous career in paint and body. I can appreciate the different entities that produce vehicles and what they do. I do hold SA above say Rhoush, RTM, etc. Atleast SA does do widebody conversions(though Iā€™d much rather see metal quarters) and paint work as opposed to bolt ons and badges. Your car is very well done and a great representation of what SA can do. I have a few friends that have SAā€™s lower offerings on GTā€˜s and there ok, just not what I think a car with Shelbyā€™s name on it should be. But thatā€™s just my opinion. Itā€™s a good thing we all donā€™t like the same flavor, thatā€™s what makes this hobby so enjoyable. I do have a 69 fast back Iā€™ve been leaning toward doing a little more modern version of Shelbys 500 in 69 but Iā€™m a little out on finalizing that plan.

Hence the ā€œprobably not a popular opinionā€, ha-ha.

Hear me out, I own a GT500 by choice, as you are well aware, so I realize just how amazing these cars are. I would choose one over a GT based Super Snake without a second thought.

While a lot of people are not impressed with the 2015+ Super Snake, it still has a CSM and itā€™s my opinion that it will hold more collectibility in the future, compared to a three year run that produced 15,000+ cars. I realize only a fraction of these are CFTP, but that isn't my point. At the end of the day, the GT500 is a car that a lot of people have, and one that will depreciate in the normal car market. Any SA car will always have the CSM and direct tie to Shelby American, which (again, in my opinion) will make it more collectible as time goes on.

Let me be clear, I wholeheartedly believe the GT500 is a superior performing car. If Iā€™m being completely honest, the ā€œSuper Snakeā€œ line should have been left to ONLY mustangs born as a GT500, as they were in all previous generations of the Super Snake. The Signature Edition GT500 should have been the 2020-2022 Super Snake.

#Opinionsmatter

InPursuit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
SS = collectibility + resale value
GT500 = pure perfection (the S550 GT350s and 500s are also holding great value)

Everyone has made darn good points, good luck and let us know!! (With pics)

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Blows my mind they leave the mt82 in the supersnakes. For over 100k surely they could throw a tremec in the damn thing. Csm number or not, I'll take my chances on value retention on the 500 and enjoy the superior car in the meantime.

masluck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2023 Shelby American GT
I have a question (please set phasers to stun): If you take away the SC Predator, the Tremec, upgraded half shafts, body styling, etc.? What are the differences in the GT 500 chassis and suspension versus the GT w/ PP (in my case) that amount to the cost and performance differential? To my knowledge, a GT 500 is built on a S550 platform - educate me... :)

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
This has been gone over extensively.

I have a question (please set phasers to stun): If you take away the SC Predator, the Tremec, upgraded half shafts, body styling, etc.? What are the differences in the GT 500 chassis and suspension versus the GT w/ PP (in my case) that amount to the cost and performance differential? To my knowledge, a GT 500 is built on a S550 platform - educate me... :)

masluck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2023 Shelby American GT
This has been gone over extensively.
Sorry to bother you sir. Maybe a link or two could help. Like I said, I am trying to learn. The last Mustang I had before my current car, was a 1966 A-Code Fastback....there is a delta there, don't ya think??

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Sorry to bother you sir. Maybe a link or two could help. Like I said, I am trying to learn. The last Mustang I had before my current car, was a 1966 A-Code Fastback....there is a delta there, don't ya think??
The suspension in the GT500 is unique to the car. Springs, dampers, Magride tuning, etc.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
To add to Magsi. Complete front clip, most of the back end, interior, numerous supporting mods for power train, wheels. Basically the basic shell is the same, wiring, safety, the rest is different. If you havenā€™t had a chance to put your Gt next to a 350/500 do so the differences start popping out. Gtā€™s are great cars, I have a vert to, the Shelbys are just another level entirely.

The suspension in the GT500 is unique to the car. Springs, dampers, Magride tuning, etc.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Also, CF driveshaft, upgraded steering components, massive brakes, full cooling for trans and rear diff, flow formed wheels vs cast aluminum on PP1. Flow formed is sort of like an in between between cast and forged. Stronger than cast but not as strong or light as forged. Pretty much everything that can be tweaked or upgraded has been upgraded, comprehensively. Itā€™s like that old saying itā€™s greater than the sum of its parts because itā€™s all designed to work together. This is in contrast to a modified car which is just bolting things on and usually the performance is less than the sum of its parts.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Itā€™s all good. Wasnā€™t trying to be a ā€¦ . Unfortunately this section gets trolling posts like this fairly often. Its hard to tell whoā€™s legit and whoā€™s being a ā€¦ .

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2023 F150 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s all good. I completely agree with you that the Super Snakes should of been based off the 500. I completely get why many are interested and drawn to the CSM part of SA car. My perspective is unique and biased due to a previous career in paint and body. I can appreciate the different entities that produce vehicles and what they do. I do hold SA above say Rhoush, RTM, etc. Atleast SA does do widebody conversions(though Iā€™d much rather see metal quarters) and paint work as opposed to bolt ons and badges. Your car is very well done and a great representation of what SA can do. I have a few friends that have SAā€™s lower offerings on GTā€˜s and there ok, just not what I think a car with Shelbyā€™s name on it should be. But thatā€™s just my opinion. Itā€™s a good thing we all donā€™t like the same flavor, thatā€™s what makes this hobby so enjoyable. I do have a 69 fast back Iā€™ve been leaning toward doing a little more modern version of Shelbys 500 in 69 but Iā€™m a little out on finalizing that plan.
A little tit-bit of info, they now use steel fenders instead of fiberglass. Otherwise all good points. Happy New Year.
Sponsored