Sponsored

GT350R with Window Tint? Anyone getting it?

GT350R, tint or no tint?

• Tint it

Votes: 62 76.5%
  • Nah, don't tint it, keep it natural

Votes: 19 23.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
CanadianHorseMan

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
hmm. I'm still undecided. But what are the best brands? I would imagine 3M would make this stuff but I haven't researched. What's the diff between this "ceramic" tint and the film cbass is talking about.

R
Sponsored

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Ceramic tint is premium and the price reflects (no pun intended) that. However, it will last damn near forever!

Stay away from dyed films. They fade pretty quickly. Don't be afraid to call shops in your area and ask questions.

cbass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
God
Vehicle(s)
2015 400a A6
Best I've personally had was SunTek Carbon XP. It was pricey, and I regret trying another brand's "top of the line" on my 2015 instead of just spending the extra on the right stuff the first time. Not that my tint is bad, but that Carbon XP was just better.

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
I'm guessing there isn't a factory tint option I missed? Like when they actually tint the glass like in my Range?

Shelby Dave, if you've been tinting for 20 years why did you decide to remove the tint from the 16 and not get any in your 17?
The gt had a bad tint job..and after I removed it I liked it better without..and besides..I tend to drive the mustangs a little faster then my other cars so I want my visibility to be 100 %..for me and others..just sayin

Sponsored

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
The R I purchased has 30% on the sides and 10% on the rear. Looks good, but chances are California meter maids will force me to remove it at some point.

rolaidz

Mustang Virgin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Infiniti G37S Cpe, Yamaha R6
Even a light tint goes a LONG way in heat rejection and glare reduction. Look into an 80% or so film, I have it on my windshield and you can hardly tell it's there until it's 90º outside, the sun is beating down, and your car is like 70º within 5 minutes of turning it on, because the tint does that good a job.
Does anyone know if the stock glass already has some built-in tint/UV protection? A lot of newer cars already do, from what I understand.

BSheppard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Orange, Tech package, black stripes
20% all around but nothing on the front windshield yet. Might do 85% there to keep things from sun damage.

cbass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
God
Vehicle(s)
2015 400a A6
Does anyone know if the stock glass already has some built-in tint/UV protection? A lot of newer cars already do, from what I understand.
It might have some, but heat rejection in window tint is like money. More is always better, and you only think about it when you don't have enough.

Air 80 blue

All the heat reduction with 0 loss in visibility
Exactly what I have on my windshield now. It has almost zero impact on visibility, even with my polarized sunglasses don't rainbow too bad through it. CXP was WAY worse on rainbows, and was noticeable when you were in the car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CanadianHorseMan

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Air 80 blue

All the heat reduction with 0 loss in visibility
Hmm. That looks like a great option! Is it better than doing an 85% tint on the windshield?

I have Polarized sunglasses as well and I see the rainbows in some tints. I think I'd have to see this in person before I would commit to it.

R

Ven0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2016 Focus RS, 2013 Raptor
Gotta tint it, 20% sides and back.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Hmm. That looks like a great option! Is it better than doing an 85% tint on the windshield?

I have Polarized sunglasses as well and I see the rainbows in some tints. I think I'd have to see this in person before I would commit to it.

R
I have it on mine and wear polarized lenses. The rainbow effect is pretty non existent

I would do this route on he windshield especially since it will not reduce your visibility.
Sponsored