Sponsored

GT350R Spoiler or Not? Help me decide!

Should I install the AC GT350R spoiler on my virgin decklid?

• Total voters

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I found a great deal (locally) on an Anderson Composites GT350R spoiler in gloss black, and I’m torn on whether or not to purchase and install. The spoiler is hit or miss for me. Some days I love it, other days I’m not too crazy about it. What should I do?

The spoiler will be paired with the Roush valence and quad exhaust tips.

*SEE BELOW FOR AN UPDATE*
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I found a great deal (locally) on an Anderson Composites GT350R spoiler in gloss black, and I’m torn on whether or not to purchase and install. The spoiler is hit or miss for me. Some days I love it, other days I’m not too crazy about it. What should I do?

The spoiler will be paired with the Roush valence and quad exhaust tips.
If you are on the fence about it, then I think you answered your own question.:)

OP
OP
Joe 5.0

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
If you are on the fence about it, then I think you answered your own question.:)
You're right, but I don't want to admit it. :(

crbauhs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I personally would get it. I still think its one of the nicer ones out there. And if it is a really good deal you can buy it and install it and see if it grows on you. If you don't like it then sell it to recoup your money and go a different route.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
There's only two spoilers I like on the S550 platform, the GT350r and the one that comes on the 18+ performance pack cars.

Sponsored

qdog9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I have the AC 350R carbon spoiler on mine and I can tell you first hand that it looks amazing and adds a whole other element to the car.

OP
OP
Joe 5.0

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I personally would get it. I still think its one of the nicer ones out there. And if it is a really good deal you can buy it and install it and see if it grows on you. If you don't like it then sell it to recoup your money and go a different route.
It's definitely a great deal, and I can sell it for more. However, once it's bolted onto the decklid, I plan on keeping it permanently. The unsightly holes will have been made, never to be revealed again, hah.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I was same way, I liked my car as it was. but I wanted the gt350 track pack spoiler, after I did it any hesitation went away. think of it as you aren't 100% happy now, it maybe the thing that excites you again. I love mine because its different now, most the stangs here rock the stock spoiler or no spoiler.

OP
OP
Joe 5.0

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I was same way, I liked my car as it was. but I wanted the gt350 track pack spoiler, after I did it any hesitation went away. think of it as you aren't 100% happy now, it maybe the thing that excites you again. I love mine because its different now, most the stangs here rock the stock spoiler or no spoiler.
My thoughts exactly. My current setup looks great with the trackpack wing (was fortunate enough to test fit a friend’s eBay version), but EVERYONE takes the safe route and chooses it. I’m just stuck between the crossroads of being different and playing it safe. However, this thread is definitely pushing me to the GT350R spoiler.

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I was in the exact situation as you prior to purchasing that exact same spoiler. Some days I absolutely loved it, and other days I found it to be ugly. Well, I decided to go with my gut and purchased it. Let me tell you that I do not regret this decision AT ALL! Not only are the fit/quality perfect, there's not a single day that I dislike it while walking to my car.
The ONLY real thing to keep in mind is that it WILL cover almost the entire visibility in your rear view mirror, which may be an issue for some. I personally love seeing that thing in my rear view. Only reason why I would say not to go with it would be for selfish reasons, ie I don't want other cars to resemble mine, hahaha
But yes, go for it. I assure to you that you will not regret it, ESPECIALLY if you can get it at a discount. Here are a few pics of my car with it.
IMG_5729-2.jpg
IMG_6070.jpg
IMG_6512.jpg
IMG_7027.jpg
IMG_8135-HDR.jpg

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had both in my possession the AC carbon fiber GT350r spoiler and the MMD V-series spoiler pre-painted and went with the MMD spoiler and sold the 350r spoiler. MMD just looked way smoother on the car. I also had a spoiler deleted and cringed with every hole I drilled. Sometimes I miss the delete, but the MMD really makes it stand out now.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I say yes. I am about to install the GT350 track pack spoiler, although it is making me second guess not doing the GT350R wing...

OP
OP
Joe 5.0

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE!

Ended up installing the GT350R spoiler, and I couldn’t be happier. It looks amazing! Luckily for me, it was color matched to my paint, and sprayed with high quality clear coat. It really fills out the rear end of the car.

Thanks for the input everyone!
E7DB9AFC-F413-4D9C-995A-5CC58B886116.jpeg
501626D4-D5F6-4306-B172-E570178B318B.jpeg
46C3591D-8602-425A-AF7E-5EE066CFE416.jpeg

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Good choice, love it. does it move at all when driving? I know the replicas are crap and wiggle around, hopefully yours is planted perfectly.
Sponsored