Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Maybe it's a FRPP piece that's not CF and will be sold for "boyracers" to put on their V6 Mustangs to look cool.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The spoiler shown in the photo also doesn't have the supports on the rear quarters.

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
The spoiler shown in the photo also doesn't have the supports on the rear quarters.
what support? didn't see it in any of the 350r photos.

i agree it could be a gt350 with a non-carbon fiber version of that spoiler maybe to be sold separately.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
That car is a regular GT350 look at the wheels...Why would they put standard wheels on an "R" especial if they are testing the handling and down force of the wing...apparently the wing is deforming to some degree, or fluttering at speed causing a vibration, that's either detracting to the driver or destabilizing the car. Mu guess of course

Sponsored

Tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daily Driver
That car is a regular GT350 look at the wheels...Why would they put standard wheels on an "R" especial if they are testing the handling and down force of the wing...apparently the wing is deforming to some degree, or fluttering at speed causing a vibration, that's either detracting to the driver or destabilizing the car. Mu guess of course
I would tend to agree with you on both counts. There is clearly a problem with the Wing. Hope they can get it resolved. :thumbsup:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
what support? didn't see it in any of the 350r photos.

i agree it could be a gt350 with a non-carbon fiber version of that spoiler maybe to be sold separately.
They look like small rubber bumpers. I assume that when the spoiler deflects or the trunk gasket compresses at higher speeds the spoiler is intended to touch down onto them.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
My question is...why does this spoiler appear to be on a GT350? (i.e.wheels?) and not an "R"? could it be an option for the GT350? like an "areo option"? I hope

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
The car is a test mule that will later be destroyed...........some days it is a regular GT350 and some days a R as they test and measure different changes, settings, parts etc

B-Fox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
F-350 Scorpion
I'm a little skeptical about how much of the rear window will be obscured by that wing, I wouldn't want it blocking my rear view mirror.

I agree that the brace is either tweaking the down force or trying to quell a vibration.

I don't really see it as an issue if a GT owner installs it on their vehicle because they like the look of it, just don't go calling it a Shelby.

Sponsored

6g Smoke Show

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
I think the spoiler looks really good on the show car, and I promise you, I'm no boyracer or ricer!

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
It's winter time in Michigan. Maybe they put regular wheels/tires on it so they don't kill themselves.;)

Last edited:

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
I would tend to agree with you on both counts. There is clearly a problem with the Wing. Hope they can get it resolved. :thumbsup:
The wing is carbon, you can probably stand on it.. That strake is an anti drafting mechanism.