Sponsored

GT350R Mecum

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Am curious why the DIB R bid got up to 85k but the RR R sold
much cheaper at 72.5k? Anyone have any details between the two?
I would suggest that not only did the DIB R look much better on the television than the RR car but would also suggest that the seller of the DIB R did a much better job of marketing his car than the other party.

Don't get me wrong my favorite car colors are red and black but that DIB looked terrific under the lights especially with the Black stripes and Red pin striping.

Also I would suggest that with the DIB R model coming with the Electronics Package also helped push up the price over the RR base GT350R.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
PP0001, The RR car was an electronics package car.
The RR car was sold with No Reserve.
The DIB car had an unknown reserve and "perhaps" was bid up close to the reserve by his buddies hoping that someone would bite and he could pull the reserve and drop it on someone. I place absolutely no faith in the price of a "reserve not met/the bid goes on" vehicle. Just my 2 cents.

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, Raptor SCrew, '17 GT350R HR083, E39 Dinan M5
The DIB car had an unknown reserve and "perhaps" was bid up close to the reserve by his buddies hoping that someone would bite and he could pull the reserve and drop it on someone. I place absolutely no faith in the price of a "reserve not met/the bid goes on" vehicle. Just my 2 cents.
Production numbers wise Race Red on the R was the 3rd Rarest of the 2016s. Comp Orange Least then Yellow then Red. I think there were only 29 last time I looked.

Davey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 350R
All of us would like is for our cars to become valueable. But I have a question that maybe some can answer. Why is the 05-06 ford GT so high in price. I don't believe it is a special and engineered as the R. I could be wrong, I really am not up on cars. But there were I believe 4500 of them cars built. That's a lot compared to the R's

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, Raptor SCrew, '17 GT350R HR083, E39 Dinan M5
All of us would like is for our cars to become valueable. But I have a question that maybe some can answer. Why is the 05-06 ford GT so high in price. I don't believe it is a special and engineered as the R. I could be wrong, I really am not up on cars. But there were I believe 4500 of them cars built. That's a lot compared to the R's
I'm guessing the two year production plus its still probably the best looking Ford ever made and that's including the new GT. Plus I think announcing the new GT has a V6 and the price is $400K is helping the sales climb to equal that car.

Sponsored

Davey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 350R
I think it ugly and the interior is terrible too. I hate the switchs on the dash. The new GT is awesome and much better. I really do like that car

RenegadeUnlimited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Euros and Fords
Pretty sure the RR went down in value due to it not really being a 1 of 1 Chassis car. I thought there was a prior topic about GR452 or something, where 2 cars shared the same Chassis number.

So essentially out of 500 2016 1 of 1 Chassis numbers cars, it was the only 1 of 2 Chassis numbered cars.

That is unless the other Topic/Thread was a joke or a prank.

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
Production numbers wise Race Red on the R was the 3rd Rarest of the 2016s. Comp Orange Least then Yellow then Red. I think there were only 29 last time I looked.
Comp Orange was not available on the 2016 R.
I really don't think color is having any affect on market value of the R at this time. Electronics or no electronics is a factor. Any serious buyer of an R (that wasn't able to order the color of his choice) is more concerned with availability at a price point he is happy with.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks for correcting me as I think I had looked at too many cars on the weekend and as you stated this was not a base 920A car.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

With respect to some shilling going on regarding the DIB car I respect your opinion but without getting into a lot of detail I would have a hard time imagining that happening in this case.

Having said that I have been attending car auctions for over 20 years and I have seen a lot of interesting scenarios especially in the early years.

The Race Red R model looks to be in pristine condition but don't know what mileage it had on it but in any case I suggest that the selling price with commissions of $79,750 is pretty much in line with present market conditions and actually a good buy based on that kind of atmosphere.

:cheers:

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
I was at the auction and got a chance to see all the aforementioned cars.

The red R showed up with about an inch of dust on it, and the tires looked pretty worn (even for an R :)). There was no signage, and the owner was no where to be found. I think that people were hesitant, as it was a used street/race car that didn't have any accompanying information. The car did get cleaned up before it crossed the block, but it just felt like someone was trying to off load a bad car...just my gut.

The blue car was extremely clean and well marketed. I also think the rarity of the car (1 of less than 45 produced) helped the price. I'm guessing the seller second guessed letting it go, but it did bring the money when you figure it would have been $93,500 out the door for a used R with over 3,600 miles.

The 2 2015s spoke for themselves. I think the market has softened significantly on the 2015s, as there has been at least 1 at almost every Mecum Auction since Kissimmee in January. However, they will be a great long-term bet IMO.

:ford:

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Mecum hammer prices...

Kissimmee 2017 results.... good to see plus it shows that the R's doing well and the real deal classic Boss 302's are surely appreciating. Frankly I wouldn't spend close to let alone over 40k on any late model specialty Mustang aside from the current GT350/R models.
Mecum_kissimmee-gt350-2017.jpg
Mecum_kissimmee-boss302-2017.jpg

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Pretty interesting. Used R with 800+ miles getting over $100k.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Pretty interesting. Used R with 800+ miles getting over $100k.
Agreed and when the buyers premium is added in the new owner paid close to $113,000 for a used R model.

I took a very close look at the Black/Black R model and with only 5 miles on it and even though I believe it has already been titled it was virtually a brand new car and again with the buyers premium the new owner paid ~$120,000 for this beautiful car.

Pricing on R models new or used is alive and well!

;)

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Agreed and when the buyers premium is added in the new owner paid close to $113,000 for a used R model.

I took a very close look at the Black/Black R model and with only 5 miles on it and even though I believe it has already been titled it was virtually a brand new car and again with the buyers premium the new owner paid ~$120,000 for this beautiful car.

Pricing on R models new or used is alive and well!

;)
So was the PP0001 Boss your sale or had it already been passed on (or was yours a '13, can't remember)?
Sponsored