Sponsored

GT350R-C parts?

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Anyone know if we will be able to get some of the 350R-C parts?

I know Multimatic builds the cars but I wonder if they are going to release anything from those cars through Ford Performance?
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Transmission cooler :shrug:

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Transmission cooler :shrug:
Lol. One would hope they would use the trans with the pump built into it from the tp and R. That would be the biggest issue aside from provisions on the trans itself on the non-cooler cars.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
The shocks are the only thing I know of that might be a upgrade that would work on a street car.

Sponsored

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Hard to beat the street ride quality and track performance of the magnaride. I'm sure the race suspension would handle better but at the cost of the great ride. They have some pretty trick camber plates.

Screamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2116 GT350
Doubt there is anything there for a street car. Hell, the engine is choked with a 52mm restrictor in front of the throttle body. Can't overpower the rest of the class.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Doubt there is anything there for a street car. Hell, the engine is choked with a 52mm restrictor in front of the throttle body. Can't overpower the rest of the class.
They looked alright power wise at Road America. The 500lb weight difference is another story for braking and cornering ability.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Yep. In pwc gts the gt350 that Kohr tested has a 5.0l. They said they know it's reliable already and it's choked down in the boss to the point that it didn't make sense to run the 5.2l.

The 350R-C has the restrictor and runs on a 275 tire all around as well which is a pretty significant handicap in itself.

OP
OP
1LEThumper

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I was thinking more along the lines of weight and suspension upgrades

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
I was thinking more along the lines of weight and suspension upgrades
The r-c is stripped but has no special parts for weight reduction. Suspension is largely not discussed, the spool valve shocks, blade style anti roll bars and camber plates the known changes.

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
There are lots of areas in which the R-C is a significant step backwards from the road car. Smaller brakes. Smaller, narrower wheels and tires, etc. I wouldn't be surprised of a stock R would give an R-C a run for it's money as is.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I wouldn't be surprised of a stock R would give an R-C a run for it's money as is.
No. Tires alone on the RC are a trump card despite being narrower. And the 300 lbs of less weight. And while the brakes are smaller in diameter, and it's not by much, the pad compound, fluid, and lines are what make the braking.

OP
OP
1LEThumper

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The r-c is stripped but has no special parts for weight reduction. Suspension is largely not discussed, the spool valve shocks, blade style anti roll bars and camber plates the known changes.
Point being there are typically a lot of things that are beefed up on race cars that you might not think about.

Solid cradle mounts, bigger sway bars (or different adjustments), control arm bushings.....

I am fully aware of the restrictions placed on race cars as that is what I do as a day job, but with Corvette's. More curious than anything what they changed or the weak points they have had to address with the car.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
No. Tires alone on the RC are a trump card despite being narrower. And the 300 lbs of less weight. And while the brakes are smaller in diameter, and it's not by much, the pad compound, fluid, and lines are what make the braking.
Agreed on all points, however wouldn't the stock 526 HP factor into the mix? I can see where the stock R might not hold up lap-for-lap in a 2 hour IMSA race, but in general lap times, I would think the R's additional power would shine.
Sponsored