Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
  • Banned
Since the Camaro guys come to "our" forum and post how the ZL1 will destroy everything, I decided to start a Boss 302, GT500, GT350/R etc thread of the cars it's already destroyed.

No Camaro has had the following the Mustang has. Period. And I'm not just talking about the 2015-2017 model years. Since 1964 1/2 the mustang has dominated the Market. I know some years were weak in sales and performance, but that's a given. But! It keeps getting better and better! It's been in constant production for 53 years almost! No other pony / muscle car can say that.
The GT350 was debuted on January 27-1965. It's birthday is just weeks away!

GM can have their 15 minutes of fame with a worthless supercharged 1LE lego car. The new mustang is coming and we will all laugh soon enough.
Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
:confused:

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I do...and I don't understand the first sentence.

Happy New Years to you though brother. I enjoy your threads and the info you provide the rest of us. Guys like you who are constantly experimenting on your cars pave the way for us newbs!

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
We should be glad GM is stepping up their game. That just means Ford will need to keeping stepping up their game. It's a win-win. I have a GT350 and I'm very happy with it. GM can do what they want. Does not bother me. I think we also need to keep in mind that the GT350R is receiving more praise than any of the competition overall.

Happy New Years!

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Maybe Johnnie Walker and I need to take A rest until midnight.

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The GT350 is an amazing car but that ZL1 is quite a beast. I will admit, the 350 is just not fast enough to hold my attention. It is a downer that another 75 or so wheel horsepower is about the safe limit. With the LT4 850 wheel HP is fairly easy and reliable to boot. Talk me out of it PLEASE!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
The GT350 is an amazing car but that ZL1 is quite a beast. I will admit, the 350 is just not fast enough to hold my attention. It is a downer that another 75 or so wheel horsepower is about the safe limit. With the LT4 850 wheel HP is fairly easy and reliable to boot. Talk me out of it PLEASE!!
I don't get why you people compare a ZL1 to a GT350. Put a blower or turbo on the GT350 and kiss the ZL1 bye bye for good.
How do you say 75hp is the "safe limit"
How and where do you see a 850whp LT4?
A coyote can do more hp and has done so already.
Talk you out of it?
Every single car website or magazine still talks about the gt350/r today like it just came out yesterday. It's still winning awards. Don't see any Camaro doing that with the same unchanged car for the past 3 years.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
If you bought the car for its dominating speed and horsepower, youve wasted your money. Wrong car buddy.

On another note, I can't wait to see GM's DOHC V8 that's coming out in 2018 in the Corvette.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
On another note, I can't wait to see GM's DOHC V8 that's coming out in 2018 in the Corvette.
Rumor and speculation. I saw that GM order sheet and in 15 minutes I could add an LT6 option to that document and post it. It could also be GM just trying to get the rumor mill working overtime. Seems they succeeded. Don't be a victim of rumors. 2 months ago there was going to be a 17 GT500. Anyone see that happening now? Rumors have been rampant about a mid engine Corvette since the 60's. Now many are sure it will happen in the next couple years. I highly doubt it. I'll believe it when GM officially announces the DOHC. Until then, it's pure speculation.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Exactly, zl1 hasn't won anything yet. We know it's fast for a lap. What happens when heat soak starts setting in? We'll see how it pans out. I do know that Ford SHOULD have an answer to the zl1 and the phat cats, but it sure is taking its damn time. The 350/R has been a good car but it's getting stale, something needs to change on it.
I love fords but if the ZR1 mid engine comes and is on par or exceeds the C7, it's gonna be parked in my garage, no question.

Last edited:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Exactly, zl1 hasn't won anything yet. We know it's fast for a lap. What happens when heat soak starts setting in? We'll see how it pans out. I do know that Ford SHOULD have an answer to the zl1 and the phat cats, but it sure is taking its damn time. The 350r has been a good car but it's getting stale, something needs to change on it.
Track guys don't typically want a PD blower. As noted, it suffers from heat soak. There are hundreds of stories of Z06 lap times falling drastically after a couple of laps. I expect to see the same thing from the ZL1. I think GM no longer cares about making good track cars. GM did no favors to track day guys when they added a PD blower to the Z06.
Sponsored