Sponsored

GT350 vs 2015 Saleen vs 2015 Roush

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
How will these three compare? Will there be a comparison? How did the roush and Saleen stack up against the previous boss?

Roush and Saleen like to slap superchargers on everything and call it a day, in that aspect I'm sure they will win a straight line 1/4 mile over a GT350, especially if it's NA like the boss was...but what about around a track? Do Roush and Saleen offer enough suspension upgrades and tunes to hang with the GT350? What about price? GT350 prices are widely ranging in speculation from 45 - 70k...what about the others? It should be easier to tell how much a Roush and Saleen will cost...

Just general thoughts. I know it will ALL be speculation as nothing is for sure about any of these cars, just curious for opinions. :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I have a hard time believing that either Saleen or Roush will be as well sorted out, chassis-wise, as the SVT car. Nor will it really be a great ride/handling trade off for 99% of buyers. They probably will have options that offer more power, but they also won't have the same level of validation for durability and longevity either. Frankly, anything post-title is subject to someone else's idea of what is an acceptable compromise for handling and what is good enough for durability. I'd choose a factory-built car every time for my own use, which doesn't involve any serious motorsport. Just my $0.02

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I wonder if any will tackle a CF drive shaft, etc..

OP
OP
Backorder

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a hard time believing that either Saleen or Roush will be as well sorted out, chassis-wise, as the SVT car. Nor will it really be a great ride/handling trade off for 99% of buyers. They probably will have options that offer more power, but they also won't have the same level of validation for durability and longevity either. Frankly, anything post-title is subject to someone else's idea of what is an acceptable compromise for handling and what is good enough for durability. I'd choose a factory-built car every time for my own use, which doesn't involve any serious motorsport. Just my $0.02

After I read your post the other day, all I thought was "valid points" there goes my thread lol :thumbsup:

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
FWIW, Saleen and Roush cars are not post-title. Saleen actually are categorized as an OEM automobile manufacturer. I believe you can still buy both Saleen and Roush Mustangs straight from (authorized) Ford dealerships.

In my experience, both Saleen and Roush generally build pretty well sorted cars (some more so than others). The problem I have with them, especially in recent years, is that they simply are not a very good value compared to Ford's in-house offerings.

That hasn't always been the case, btw. For instance, back in the '90s Ford had absolutely nothing that would touch the Saleen S351's performance. These days, IMO, they don't enjoy near as much separation performance-wise. Maybe things will swing back in their favor, at least for a while, with the new model.

Bottom line is, IMO, you still pay a lot for the name/exclusivity and only get a marginal performance improvement (if any) to go along with it. To some people it's worth the premium paid. Not to me though...

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Saleen actually are categorized as an OEM automobile manufacturer.
They used to be. Not anymore though. Today's Saleen is basically the 4th incarnation of the company and has nothing to do anymore with the original Saleen from the 90's. This latest incarnation is technically just a tuner that upgrades cars with aftermarket bits and sells them at a massive premium. Their production volumes cannot stand in the shadows of what they used to be. Obviously as mentioned the market has changed a lot. The current Mustang is a well constructed car with great performance and good driving characteristics. Saleen's big times where when standard Mustangs were painfully slow and drove like crap. It was so much easier to offer real improvements back then which made for good business. Nowadays you mostly pay a lot of money for the name. Of course they still improve performance, but only marginally and the extra price you pay for that is pretty rediculous.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
They used to be. Not anymore though. Today's Saleen is basically the 4th incarnation of the company and has nothing to do anymore with the original Saleen from the 90's. This latest incarnation is technically just a tuner that upgrades cars with aftermarket bits and sells them at a massive premium.
Ah yeah, shows you how little interest I've had in them over the past decade LOL. Sounds like they basically are the same as Roush now.

Nowadays you mostly pay a lot of money for the name. Of course they still improve performance, but only marginally and the extra price you pay for that is pretty rediculous.
Yep, exactly.

benfxtx

ROUSH Knowledge Bank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of stangs
So there def seems to be a bit of misinformation in this thread. ROUSH is actually the Manufacturer of Origin for all of the Mustang builds (Stages 1 - 3). They are also the Manufacturer for the ROUSH Raptors, and the RT570 5.0L trucks. They all come with 3yr 36k mile warranties - the same you would get if you bought a stock mustang from the dealer. The builds are all pre-title, as ROUSH gets their vehicles directly from Ford on bailment.

Something you all should note is that ROUSH is an engineering firm at their roots. If you guys knew how deep ROUSH was embedded in the Ford DNA, you would change your tune really quick. Vehicles that you think are engineered by Ford are really contracted works of ROUSH.

When ROUSH builds a product, it is engineered to OEM specifications - for both fit and finish, as well as performance and reliability. The amount of engineering time that goes into any of their calibrations would blow your mind. They have engine dyno cells that they will run at WOT for 24hrs straight after calibration has been finalized. They also do calibration testing in all conditions - extreme heat, cold, altitudes, humidities, etc.

It's a bummer to see people out there continuing to pass along misinformation. ROUSH is every bit as much of a quality and dependable brand as the Stock Ford vehicles you see on the road. If you don't believe me, find a ROUSH authorized dealership and take one of their stage 3 mustangs for a ride. You'll be hard pressed to find a more balanced mustang, that gives you the feel and drivability of a stock 5.0 when you're daily driving it, and the power, performance, and handling of a race car when you want to push it on the track.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
There was a Roush authorized Ford dealer near my old house in Illinois. They always had about 3 or so cars of various stages on the lot. I agree there is a difference between Saleen and Roush. Roush actually has a partnership with real Ford dealerships to sell their cars, and you get the 3 year warranty. Plus their builds look WAY better than Saleen's IMO.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
So there def seems to be a bit of misinformation in this thread. ROUSH is actually the Manufacturer of Origin for all of the Mustang builds (Stages 1 - 3). They are also the Manufacturer for the ROUSH Raptors, and the RT570 5.0L trucks. They all come with 3yr 36k mile warranties - the same you would get if you bought a stock mustang from the dealer. The builds are all pre-title, as ROUSH gets their vehicles directly from Ford on bailment.

Something you all should note is that ROUSH is an engineering firm at their roots. If you guys knew how deep ROUSH was embedded in the Ford DNA, you would change your tune really quick. Vehicles that you think are engineered by Ford are really contracted works of ROUSH.

When ROUSH builds a product, it is engineered to OEM specifications - for both fit and finish, as well as performance and reliability. The amount of engineering time that goes into any of their calibrations would blow your mind. They have engine dyno cells that they will run at WOT for 24hrs straight after calibration has been finalized. They also do calibration testing in all conditions - extreme heat, cold, altitudes, humidities, etc.

It's a bummer to see people out there continuing to pass along misinformation. ROUSH is every bit as much of a quality and dependable brand as the Stock Ford vehicles you see on the road. If you don't believe me, find a ROUSH authorized dealership and take one of their stage 3 mustangs for a ride. You'll be hard pressed to find a more balanced mustang, that gives you the feel and drivability of a stock 5.0 when you're daily driving it, and the power, performance, and handling of a race car when you want to push it on the track.

Good post, thank you.

I guess due to contracts and NDAs etc, we'll never know the full extent of Roush's input for Mustang development for Ford.

It would be great to know the details, but I guess that's never going to happen.

For what it's worth, I think the '13/'14 Roush models were some of the most desirable S197s made. I'm really looking forward to what they have in store for their version of S550 :thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Backorder

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info benfxtx! Didn't know that.

I'm looking forward to see what they have for the new model. Should be good!

jackal2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37
I've never owned a mustang. Looking for a toy as I'm getting older and getting back into cars. Had camaros, firebirds, etc. I really like the new 2015 mustang and plan on holding out to see the GT350.
I was wondering about the comparison between the GT350, Roush, Saleen, etc. I'm really hoping the GT350 comes in the mid $50s or to me a vette might be a better deal for the money.
I'll be lurking here...

OP
OP
Backorder

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the same boat which is why I started the thread. Curious to see what will be offered and hoping the SVT model won't be priced anywhere near the Z/28

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Or, you can watch their Ford racing team on the weekends..

Don's Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500. 2018 C63S
Roush is a lot more than Roush performance that produces there mustangs. There is also Roush industries that does a lit of R&D for Ford. They were heavily involved in the supercharger system in the gen 2 lightning, which led to the supercharger system in the GT500 and the ford racing superchargers. Look at the supercharger for the Roush mustang, and the ford racing kit, the only difference is the blower, everything else is identical

If any of you have a 2011-2014 mustang and have lowered it, you know there is more to just putting a set of springs on it. When I lowered mine(just 1 inch) I had issues that required me to do lower control arm relocation brackets, adjustable pan hard bar, and adjustable camber plates. Somehow Roush figured out how to sort out there suspension without needing to do any of that.

I don't like there exhaust, while they do sound great, a Roush exhaust is just to loud for me. Though all in all they produce a very well balanced car. I am sure there 2015 mustangs will be just as well balanced
Sponsored