Sponsored

GT350 Specific Car Cover. Worth it?

mephim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track (gone), 2019 GT350 (gone)
Is the Ford Car Cover worth the premium over some of the aftermarket options?

My car just arrived at the dealership this afternoon. I am thinking about ordering the car cover through Ford in place of the aftermarket I was originally considering.

Also, if someone knows where to find it for a little cheaper... also be very cool.
Sponsored

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Is the Ford Car Cover worth the premium over some of the aftermarket options?

My car just arrived at the dealership this afternoon. I am thinking about ordering the car cover through Ford in place of the aftermarket I was originally considering.

Also, if someone knows where to find it for a little cheaper... also be very cool.
The Ford cover's pretty nice and to me was worth it over a generic aftermarket cover. I didn't order it with the car as we were more focused on nailing down the paint color/roof/stripes etc and just forgot about it. My dealer gives me a 15% fleet discount on parts so it ended up being a little less than it would have been at MSRP which I paid for the car. MSRP is $375 and it retails at $425 through the parts counter. If you're looking for the lowest price, just call Tousley Ford's parts department and order it from them.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
The cover is made by Covercraft. If you want something custom or something a little more low key just have one made by them, the Weathershield HP is the same material used on the ones from Ford. Still going to run you about $400 from Covercraft though...

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I feel that the other covercraft covers I had were better. The last one I had was thicker and more weather resistance.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
I feel that the other covercraft covers I had were better. The last one I had was thicker and more weather resistance.
I'd say it all depends on what version of Covercraft cover you get, they have 14 different materials they make covers with to meet what needs you have for a cover. The one I had was a California Car Cover (which is actually just a re-named Covercraft) and it was the equivalent to the Weathershield HP and it worked great, the water just beaded up and rolled right off like a freshly waxed car and had great dust protection when used indoors. I just used a towel to wipe off the water droplets left behind from a rain on the cover and there was never any moisture on the car itself when the cover was removed. Plus it was actually a pretty compact cover and you could just wash it at home in your own washing machine.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'd say it all depends on what version of Covercraft cover you get, they have 14 different materials they make covers with to meet what needs you have for a cover. The one I had was a California Car Cover (which is actually just a re-named Covercraft) and it was the equivalent to the Weathershield HP and it worked great, the water just beaded up and rolled right off like a freshly waxed car and had great dust protection when used indoors. I just used a towel to wipe off the water droplets left behind from a rain on the cover and there was never any moisture on the car itself when the cover was removed. Plus it was actually a pretty compact cover and you could just wash it at home in your own washing machine.
Thats the cover I also had. I wish the cover we have was the quality of the HP. Also the thicker material will help against minor garage bumps.

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger Hellcat - Tored
With all due respect, to me a cover does not matter, but to each his/her own. The GT350 is a machine and a tool that is meant to be used.

Yes, it can be a museum piece, but I would much rather use it and let it develop character over time as a fine patina developed via the full enjoyment of the car always in motion.

Nothing remains perfect, and I understand that some folks want to keep their cars perfect, but damn it seems like a lot of work and mental stress.

But that is just me and I am grateful that I own my things and that they no longer own me.

I drove the crap out of my F430 and put it away dirty. I cannot tell you how freeing an experience it was to just drive it for the sheer joy of the experience and not care at all about it as if it were anything more than an amazing automobile.

My 2.5 cents.......Steve

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
My car is parked in an underground garage at my condo. Without a cover it will get filthy especially over the winter. A cover is necessary.

OP
OP
mephim

mephim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Ford cover's pretty nice and to me was worth it over a generic aftermarket cover. I didn't order it with the car as we were more focused on nailing down the paint color/roof/stripes etc and just forgot about it. My dealer gives me a 15% fleet discount on parts so it ended up being a little less than it would have been at MSRP which I paid for the car. MSRP is $375 and it retails at $425 through the parts counter. If you're looking for the lowest price, just call Tousley Ford's parts department and order it from them.
Thanks for the tip, if this price is available from Tousley I will probably go with them.:cheers:

OP
OP
mephim

mephim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With all due respect, to me a cover does not matter, but to each his/her own. The GT350 is a machine and a tool that is meant to be used.

Yes, it can be a museum piece, but I would much rather use it and let it develop character over time as a fine patina developed via the full enjoyment of the car always in motion.

Nothing remains perfect, and I understand that some folks want to keep their cars perfect, but damn it seems like a lot of work and mental stress.

But that is just me and I am grateful that I own my things and that they no longer own me.

I drove the crap out of my F430 and put it away dirty. I cannot tell you how freeing an experience it was to just drive it for the sheer joy of the experience and not care at all about it as if it were anything more than an amazing automobile.

My 2.5 cents.......Steve
My car is going to be in a garage shared with the FoST. I dont want dust and grime getting onto the GT350 everytime I go to work in the morning. I tried to take my fiance's garage for the GT350 by itself. I lost that battle.

Sponsored

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

My 2.5 cents.......Steve
Mine is stored for the winter and when spring arrives the cover goes into storage. ;) I gues I will need to pull the cover off for a couple weeks over the holidays to tear into the interior while I install the roll bar. Never fear, it will be driven hard and at least half the miles will be on the track. Any chance I'll get to see your Hellcat at nearby RA, RPM, BIR Autobahn or MPH? :)

Last edited:

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
I'm putting that money towards paint protection film. Plus my car will be garage kept. I don't really like messing with car covers with cars that are being driven frequently. Plus, you have to be careful that the car is clean when you put a cover on because the cover can cause small scratches on the paint from rubbing the dirt around.

tasman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss mustang
I just use my cover for the car's long winter's nap. When not frozen here I don't cover.

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger Hellcat - Tored
MY appologies

It was late last night and there was a soapbox laying around so I figured I would stand on it.

I meant no harm an do understand your responses due to storage and other considerations.

My bad......Sorry.......Steve
Sponsored