Sponsored

GT350 Rear Brake Calipers

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
Anyone have any experience with a 4 piston rear of caliper similar to this as far as the emergency brake setup? I'm guessing by this photo that they're a shoe type like the Explorer. The pic shows only one caliper and rather large hubs. However, it's just a WAG on my part. All my Fords with rear discs have been single piston caliper "corkscrew" e-brakes.

That is all...
Sponsored

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I hope that doesn't cost an arm and a leg I'd love to up grade my rear brakes. Yes yea yea I know doesn't need it tough rocks. I want it and that is enough. Baer brakes has a kit for rear calipers saw it at the auto show. I made my own four piston kit for my 2010 but the parking brake never worked right.

OP
OP
Waldorf

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
Here is a better picture for you
Thanks for the MUCH better pic. With those large hubs, it looks like it'll be an internal shoe type emergency brake. Don't see a separate caliper like in 908ssp's pic above. Also, pics of the interior I've seen show a manual (cable) lever for the e-brake.

Just need an "official" MSRP and curb weight. The ballpark rating of 500+hp is not a problem. LOL! Well, that and a dealer that'll let me order without an ADM. Yeah, I know... somebody better pinch me and wake me up, I'm dreamin'. No luck so far in the local area.

That is all...
Sponsored