Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Now that sucks!

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
That's some idiotic driving on the part of the Shelby owner. I'm sorry for the car, not the owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Should be titled, GT350 drives into concrete wall

Sponsored

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
This is what being impatient gets you. Why would you drive a car that you most likely waited months for and paid a ton of money for like that? More money than sense!

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
He drove like an ass period. Poor base/tech car.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Definitely need to be careful when passing on the right. Video is too short to call anyone an idiot though. Who knows how long he was behind the SUV, who also didn't signal for a lane change. Still, coming up and passing on the right is dangerous because the other driver may try to be polite and move over at the same time you are initiating the pass. Hopefully the damage is minimal to both cars and lessons were learned on all sides.

-T

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Maybe the Shelby owner really had to take a shit and was about to explode? :shrug:

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Fail on the gt350 drivers part.

Shit sometimes I get impatient, but I just let the slow drivers take their course and pass at the right time.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Definitely need to be careful when passing on the right. Video is too short to call anyone an idiot though. Who knows how long he was behind the SUV, who also didn't signal for a lane change. Still, coming up and passing on the right is dangerous because the other driver may try to be polite and move over at the same time you are initiating the pass. Hopefully the damage is minimal to both cars and lessons were learned on all sides.

-T
If you noticed, this all happened right when the freeway was in a slight turn, which could have amplified blind spots. I honestly think everyone should be attentive and proactive, like you were driving a motorcycle and your life is on the line.

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
Ya know the more I look at that video it looks as though the SUV was coming out of the right lane to begin with and decided to go back into the right lane at the last second. The person driving the mustang saw the SUV committing to the center lane and started to pass and got cut off. Watch it closely.

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
To me it looked like the suv was actually slowly creeping into the second lane. And last minute decided to go back into the first lane.. Without signaling. Watched it a few times, not saying the mustang was free of fault. Shouldn't be changing lanes that quickly anyway

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Ya know the more I look at that video it looks as though the SUV was coming out of the right lane to begin with and decided to go back into the right lane at the last second. The person driving the mustang saw the SUV committing to the center lane and started to pass and got cut off. Watch it closely.
Committing is different than completing. The Shelby driver was too impatient and tried to save a few extra seconds by going half-lane with the SUV driving, and speeding in besides him. He didn't even wait till the SUV was fully into the other lane before squeezing in. The Shelby driver sees everything infront of him, while the SUV is limited by having to look at 1 out of 3 mirrors at a time.

ivanuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 Ecoboost, 2016 Mag Trk GT350 On order
I believe this happened in Houston Texas. The suv tried to move out of the way and saw the gt350 coming up quickly so the driver darted back into the lane, not knowing the gt350 driver also went into the lane.
Sponsored