Sponsored

GT350 Kooks long tubes and factory axle back

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Part of the problem is everyone's ears are expecting to hear a mustang. This car is no longer a mustang in the traditional sense.

I'll need to hear better audio before I throw the Kooks on. Although they are what I ran on my 05 and what a difference.
Sponsored

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
I really like that. Sounds awesome!

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I don't like the raspy, pissed-off hornets' nest sound of the rev in neutral (which may be attributable to the proximity to the shitty cell phone mic), but once he takes off and the revs build, I do like the smooth note with the engine under load. That's the traditional sound of long tube headers, but now with the added twist of the FPC's equalized exhaust pulses.

I want to run LTs, but the last car I had stunk like dammit after I removed the cats, to the point where my wife wouldn't go anywhere with me. Wait...where to I get some? :D

I'm planning to tune for alcohol anyway, though, so that shouldn't be a problem with this car.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Part of the problem is everyone's ears are expecting to hear a mustang. This car is no longer a mustang in the traditional sense.

I'll need to hear better audio before I throw the Kooks on. Although they are what I ran on my 05 and what a difference.

I agree. People are expecting a musclecar sound and this car is simply a crossover between muscle cars and exotics. I think Ford went out of their way to make them sound like muscle cars just for this reason (some diehard Mustang people want it to sound old-school). I think it sounds great and is more the natural sound of this engine, the sound that Ford covered up! :)

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Would like to hear it through a good microphone without wheelspin. Some flybys at 7-8k RPM would be sweet

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Here's the before video:

[igm]/p/_ca3WDNjLI[/igm]

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I can't wait to hear it wail on the dyno at 8250 RPM! They shifted it way early in that video. It defiantly doesn't sound like a traditional Mustang, but as mentioned. This isn't your ordinary average Mustang. In person, she sounds pissed the eff off! (So I've been told).

I'll have dyno numbers soon.

DaveH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche, Tech Pack
Will definitely be ordering a set for my car the second they're available!

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I have been one not to mess with the sound on the GT350, but that sounded so good..its got me thinking....I loved it IMO

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
So the kook's long tubes necessitate removing the cats right? When you get her back and review it please include info about exhaust smell in the cabin. I could imagine the sound in person may get the blood pumping.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
So the kook's long tubes necessitate removing the cats right? When you get her back and review it please include info about exhaust smell in the cabin. I could imagine in person the sound my get the blood pumping.

This system is apparently using Kooks' green cats.

OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So the kook's long tubes necessitate removing the cats right? When you get her back and review it please include info about exhaust smell in the cabin. I could imagine in person the sound my get the blood pumping.
Yes. But this car has Green Cats. I haven't heard a lot about them on the Ford side of things but on the GM side, they apparently work pretty well. HOWEVER...the cost will make your put a hole in your desktop from your jaw hitting it so hard.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Boy, you weren't kidding; about $300 PER cat! :eyebulge:

Yes. But this car has Green Cats. I haven't heard a lot about them on the Ford side of things but on the GM side, they apparently work pretty well. HOWEVER...the cost will make your put a hole in your desktop from your jaw hitting it so hard.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I can't wait to hear it wail on the dyno at 8250 RPM! They shifted it way early in that video. It defiantly doesn't sound like a traditional Mustang, but as mentioned. This isn't your ordinary average Mustang. In person, she sounds pissed the eff off! (So I've been told).

I'll have dyno numbers soon.
Is that your car?

Definitely keep us posted. Thanks for being a test bed, but a pretty safe company to let experiment.
Sponsored