Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Why is the RF 128 lbs heavier ... setup that way to help offset the driver in the seat?
Most likely the weight difference from side to side is because of the engine offset. All vehicles have a weight difference side to side because of this. The engine is offset to the side because of steering shaft through firewall.
Sponsored

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Most likely the weight difference from side to side is because of the engine offset. All vehicles have a weight difference side to side because of this. The engine is offset to the side because of steering shaft through firewall.
It wouldn't be that much. The reason for the discrepancy is likely from the uneven ground.

Vorshlag showed up at a dealer to weigh it w.just the bare scales -without the stands necessary to level the ground to properly scale and corner balance a car (which takes a lot of time).

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I understand that. I'm just stating that the engine is offset to the right and that it accounts for some of the difference, as would the battery and other items. There is only a 18 pound difference from side to side total.

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Pretty much what Ford has estimated (from their website):

GT350 Track Pack = 3791
GT350 Tech Pack = 3798

I wonder how much the "trunk junk" weighs?

-T
Remove flat repair kit -5 lbs
Trunk liner -7 lbs
Total trunk junk = 12lbs.

Not a lot of other places to drop weight. The only ones I've come up with so far are:

Pull passenger seat - 46lbs.
Lightweight track wheels (23lbs) - 40lbs
Race seat 35lbs versus stock driver seat 46lbs = -11 lbs
Roll bar, mounts & harness bar +69 lbs.
Rear seat delete kit +12 lbs.
Remove rear seats and belts and factory mounts -54 lbs
Net weight reduction = 42 lbs.

Total savings 54lbs, drop to 1/2 tank of fuel -50 lbs gets you just under 3700.........

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Trunk liner -7 lbs

Not a lot of other places to drop weight. The only ones I've come up with so far are:

Total savings 54lbs, drop to 1/2 tank of fuel -50 lbs gets you just under 3700.........
You forgot a lightweight battery. Thats good for 10-15lbs. The engine covers are a few lbs too. Draining the windshield reservoir is 8lbs. Rear seat delete shouldn't add 12lbs.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Trunk liner -7 lbs

Kill the resonators too. That's probably another 5lbs or so after you put pipe back in place. Nothing much really but if it makes someone feel better...

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
You forgot a lightweight battery. Thats good for 10-15lbs. The engine covers are a few lbs too. Draining the windshield reservoir is 8lbs.
True....I actually pulled the washer bottle completely in the Boss!

I ended up putting the battery in the trunk to shift 1% front to rear. The factory battery is about 38lbs and I've seen some as light as 15lbs.....just haven't tried them in a daily driver. Probably ok if you keep a trickle charger on it.

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Kill the resonators too. That's probably another 5lbs or so after you put pipe back in place. Nothing much really but if it makes someone feel better...
I'm all for making it louder and hoping it's not a big deal to pull them. I've just heard so many concerns with the secondary vibrations that I'm leery of messing with anything in the engine, exhaust or driveline, not knowing what's been engineered in to dampen them. You go first :p

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm all for making it louder and hoping it's not a big deal to pull them. I've just heard so many concerns with the secondary vibrations that I'm leery of messing with anything in the engine, exhaust or driveline, not knowing what's been engineered in to dampen them. You go first :p
The R doesn't have resonators so...

And exhaust modifications don't affect engine NVH or dampening. I have long tubes, high flow cats, no resonators, and Borla ATAK axle backs on my 2011. She still pulls without ripping its innards apart.

Sponsored

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
The R doesn't have resonators so...

And exhaust modifications don't affect engine NVH or dampening. I have long tubes, high flow cats, no resonators, and Borla ATAK axle backs on my 2011. She still pulls without ripping its innards apart.
Sure. I had Kooks LTs, NO cats and Corsa extremes on my Boss too.....this is a different animal. Highest displacement FPC factory produced motor....I'm going to be patient ;)

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Depending on how serious people go...
15lb Kirby seats probably save 75lbs
Carbon Drive Shaft if it's doable may save 30lbs
Front and rear alumninum bumper supports may save 75 lbs
Less fuel in the trunk - 6.3lbs per gallon.
Stripped interior 30 lbs - plastic pieces roof liner insulation and carpet leaving dash and door panels
Without radio, speakers, and and tech pack crap probably 100lbs less
Alumninum spindles - maybe 15lbs
Aluminum center section replace cast iron (may not be good idea) maybe 20lbs.

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Depending on how serious people go...
15lb Kirby seats probably save 75lbs
Carbon Drive Shaft if it's doable may save 30lbs
Front and rear alumninum bumper supports may save 75 lbs
Less fuel in the trunk - 6.3lbs per gallon.
Stripped interior 30 lbs - plastic pieces roof liner insulation and carpet leaving dash and door panels
Without radio, speakers, and and tech pack crap probably 100lbs less
Alumninum spindles - maybe 15lbs
Aluminum center section replace cast iron (may not be good idea) maybe 20lbs.
I wouldn't swap that driveshaft. Ford was looking for ounces to cut on the GT350 and they put a 13lb CF DS in the GT500. I don't think that 45lb two piece DS is in the GT350 to save a few bucks ;)

It has a front aluminum bumper support already and the R has both front and rear.

The R is 130lbs lighter by eliminating the AC, stereo, rear seats and some sound deadening and carpet. 60 of those lbs are the CF wheels so only 70 lbs available there and you can get 40 of those lbs with lightweight aluminum wheels.