Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to share my pics of my set up:

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Very clean buddy will take some nice ones of mine once the LHD oil separator arrives, no point now as it looks bodged with the length of clear hose for the breather. ;)

Another update, Lund are looking at my tune today if they get time, they messaged me to say they have an idea on the throttle jumpyness when cold and will apply it to my tune file today if they get chance for me to try.

Also from checking my log they can see it did indeed hit a limiter at 7000rpm and that speed was held at 157mph, so something kicked in, they will check they updated all limiters as the car has several rev limiters for different situations and one of them might of still being on stock values.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
7k in 5th sounds like the speed limiter.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
7k in 5th sounds like the speed limiter.
Checked with Lund, they said limiter is set at 300mph, so I replied with I need more mods then. :D

Not that fussed, it made 500 crank BHP at 7000rpm so its running well, might re-visit the dyno and put it in 6th at 160mph and see if it accelerate past it.

I think the dyno had a speed limiter set and they did not realise to be honest. :)

6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'm also interested in running this setup. So, you guys are saying that the gt350 makes more power & torque EVERYWHERE in the power band? The reason I ask is because from the most dyno graphs that have been posted on this forum, the gt350 manifold doesn't shine until after about 5,700 rpm.

For example, JDM'S dyno graph:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41371

Another one: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40739&highlight=gt350+manifold+dyno

Also, post #11 in this thread.

I realize that it's heavily dependent on tuning but if someone can still clarify for me then that would be great. I've been a bit hesitant with this mod because I won't be a 7,500 rpm too often. But if it does pick up down low power & torque, then that would be great! Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'm also interested in running this setup. So, you guys are saying that the gt350 makes more power & torque EVERYWHERE in the power band? The reason I ask is because from the most dyno graphs that have been posted on this forum, the gt350 manifold doesn't shine until after about 5,700 rpm.

For example, JDM'S dyno graph:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41371

Another one: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40739&highlight=gt350+manifold+dyno

Also, post #11 in this thread.

I realize that it's heavily dependent on tuning but if someone can still clarify for me then that would be great. I've been a bit hesitant with this mod because I won't be a 7,500 rpm too often. But if it does pick up down low power & torque, then that would be great! Any help would be much appreciated.
The gt350 manifold with tune will make more power everywhere vs a stock car on stock tune. Tuned car vs tuned car with gt350 manifold the stock manifold will make more peak torque normally but the gt350 manifold makes for a much longer flatter torque curve.

Reactions: 6G

Youngblood5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mr Fantastic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT
Got a quick question for you guys? I bought my gt350 intake used. And i cant figure out what the hose goes to that i got circle. I have looked at a few stock pictures of the intake. They dont have it. Should i just cap it?
20161206_215114.jpg

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
Got a quick question for you guys? I bought my gt350 intake used. And i cant figure out what the hose goes to that i got circle. I have looked at a few stock pictures of the intake. They dont have it. Should i just cap it?
Looks like someone added that for some other reason . It's not factory
image.jpg

Youngblood5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mr Fantastic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT
Thats what i was thinking.. so if its not needed i will just cap it.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

So after speaking with a few guys at Lund and also some actual GT 350 owners the whole cold throttle jumpyness, jerkyness, over-sensitive feeling is something present even in the stock GT 350, though Lund did admit in a GT it does make itself known more. Like almost having something like a pedal max or sprint boost connected but always on the maximum setting.

They said a lot of customer actually like this in the USA, because in America drag racing is obviously very big and the car getting up and going so quickly is obviously welcomed and as such only a few guys really ever complain about jerkyness and jumpyness caused by the GT 350 throttle body and larger maf tubes. They said with a CAI they can do things to smooth it out, which they achieved on my PMAS setup but once the GT 350 TB is thrown into the equation life becomes far more difficult.

As such they have agreed to write me a brand new tune file completely from scratch but on the basis I swap in the stock throttle body with a blowfish adapter, so I ordered the adapter last night from CJ for $45. :)

They said from their own testing on the 5.0 the 350 TB yields no extra power and as such they feel they can write me a new tune file that will make just as much power, torque and punch just as hard even from low RPM but giving me silky smooth throttle.

So that is where I am now at, I shall do as I did with GT 350 TB, datalog it and get the tune perfected and then I will put the car back on the dyno and we can see how the two throttle bodies compare with fully dialled in tunes for each one.

For the kind of people here who like a pedal max kind of device then you will probably actually like the 350 TB drives, because the car gets up and goes far quicker which to many will be seen as a positive, but for me I prefer a linear pedal that is smooth.

So I will feed back, as long as the new life at the top-end remains and it remains to punch real hard when hitting WOT from any RPM I will be happy along of course if things are fixed with throttle smoothness. :)

I shall feedback my drive findings hopefully next week and have a dyno comparing both throttle bodies in 2-3 weeks time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Great great feedback Gibbo. GT350 IM makes more power everywhere and a crapload up top. What's not to like? This might have to be in my spring mods.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great great feedback Gibbo. GT350 IM makes more power everywhere and a crapload up top. What's not to like? This might have to be in my spring mods.
No problem, you can see from my dyno graph, yes it lost some torque peaks but the flatter torque curve is more preferable and because of that flatter torque curve that last longer on the road it feels quicker, even low down. Lund assure me with stock throttle body it will feel just as quick and make the same power up top. We shall see! :)

This car is wild at WOT, really incredible!

But the jerky throttle is not to my liking, don't get me wrong most would probably not mind it especially if your the kind of guy who buys a sprint booster or pedal max, you will love GT 350 throttle body, but I hate those things and for me a linear smooth pedal action is more important. :)

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Keep us updated. After a CAI and FF tune it's crazy up top WOT. So much so that my tires cant take it. I can only imagine what 60 extra HP would do. This Mustnag is awesome. Sounds like with a GT350 manifold you're almost at stock GT350 power levels. That's insane.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hi there

So after speaking with a few guys at Lund and also some actual GT 350 owners the whole cold throttle jumpyness, jerkyness, over-sensitive feeling is something present even in the stock GT 350, though Lund did admit in a GT it does make itself known more. Like almost having something like a pedal max or sprint boost connected but always on the maximum setting.

They said a lot of customer actually like this in the USA, because in America drag racing is obviously very big and the car getting up and going so quickly is obviously welcomed and as such only a few guys really ever complain about jerkyness and jumpyness caused by the GT 350 throttle body and larger maf tubes. They said with a CAI they can do things to smooth it out, which they achieved on my PMAS setup but once the GT 350 TB is thrown into the equation life becomes far more difficult.

As such they have agreed to write me a brand new tune file completely from scratch but on the basis I swap in the stock throttle body with a blowfish adapter, so I ordered the adapter last night from CJ for $45. :)

They said from their own testing on the 5.0 the 350 TB yields no extra power and as such they feel they can write me a new tune file that will make just as much power, torque and punch just as hard even from low RPM but giving me silky smooth throttle.

So that is where I am now at, I shall do as I did with GT 350 TB, datalog it and get the tune perfected and then I will put the car back on the dyno and we can see how the two throttle bodies compare with fully dialled in tunes for each one.

For the kind of people here who like a pedal max kind of device then you will probably actually like the 350 TB drives, because the car gets up and goes far quicker which to many will be seen as a positive, but for me I prefer a linear pedal that is smooth.

So I will feed back, as long as the new life at the top-end remains and it remains to punch real hard when hitting WOT from any RPM I will be happy along of course if things are fixed with throttle smoothness. :)

I shall feedback my drive findings hopefully next week and have a dyno comparing both throttle bodies in 2-3 weeks time.
You putting the Pmas back on now or going to rig the gt350 cai to try to fit the smaller throttle body?

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Auto
My car is an auto and there is some minor surging between 2-3000 rpm when accelerating. However, it is becoming annoying but my tuner believes he can fix it, just needs some time. So next week, I am dropping it off, get rid of it. Other than that, it drives well, he has the shift points in standard mode right on and during manual shifting, it is wicked. The top end makes the car pull like a banshee. Not the fastest or most powerful car I've owned but fun none the less.
Sponsored