Sponsored

GT350 at or over 15k miles - check your MPSS

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
In Altjx's thread, I noticed both he and Trackaholic showed wear on the insides of the front tires. Both were over 20k miles, with track days.

For pics, see http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90529&page=11

I have 17k miles, and took a look this past weekend. Sure enough, on the passenger front, I can see that it wont be long before mine are corded as well. The wear is definitely more on the inside compared to the outer edge (which would be in line with having some negative camber, even with street alignment)

So, if you're over 15k miles or have alot of track days you definitely want to take a look at your tires if you havent recently

If you are a costco member, they can still get MPSS in the OEM size - I have a set waiting for me to pick up (they will hold for up to 30 days).

Thanks to Altjx and Trackaholic for sharing in the other thread - just want to be sure folks see it

:cheers:
Sponsored

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
wow, surprised they lasted that long.... That's a super long wearing tire....

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have 15,000 miles and no track days. I have 6/32" left on all 4 tires. I m guessing they will last a while.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Camber will fix the uneven wear. The MPSS should make it 18-20k with the occasional track day. @2k miles and two track day on OEM alignments the outer shoulders wore down fast. Since have been on the FP recommended track alignment, the wear is evening out. I am at 6500 on my SC2's and just hit the 2/32 mark. still have one more track event out of them. Here's to next season:cheers:

P.S.

These cars love camber. The oem alignment is set up for street driving and thus not optimal for the front geometry. If you choose to use the track alignment, be ready for tram hell!. LOLOLOLO

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
My rears only lasted 10,000. Fronts are almost done now at 13.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Camber will fix the uneven wear. The MPSS should make it 18-20k with the occasional track day. @2k miles and two track day on OEM alignments the outer shoulders wore down fast. Since have been on the FP recommended track alignment, the wear is evening out. I am at 6500 on my SC2's and just hit the 2/32 mark. still have one more track event out of them. Here's to next season:cheers:

P.S.

These cars love camber. The oem alignment is set up for street driving and thus not optimal for the front geometry. If you choose to use the track alignment, be ready for tram hell!. LOLOLOLO
Note that both of us mentioned by the OP had significantly more wear on the INSIDE edge. Insufficient negative camber was definitely not the issue (although other alignment problems may be). I still haven't had my alignment checked to find out exactly how the car was setup from the factory.

If you are wearing the OUTSIDE edge, then more neg. camber might help as you mention.

-T

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Misunderstood the op. Then maybe toe is out? My factory alignment on both cars left much to be desired.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
too much braking, not enough cornering?

Thats what I learned from the pro lap at the drivers school. The front tires could take a whole hell of alot more abuse than I was giving them. I'm used to high performance tires being nearly silent when they suddenly let go, while the supersports howl like all seasons all the way to the limit. Also the tire feel in the GT350 is different than what I was used to. The feel from the front tires in my STi when it was about to go find a ditch is roughly when the GT350 is starting to put some actual load in the front tires.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Misunderstood the op. Then maybe toe is out? My factory alignment on both cars left much to be desired.

Toe-out would be my guess as well. That also increases tramlining as well.
Sponsored