mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Thanks Madlock for the reply. I'm not sure how to see the replies on this site, but got it on my email. I saw on this forum http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15440&page=3 a posting by Topnotch a picture of the car. It appears to be a lighter blue, not "deep impact blue". I don't see the lighter blue color as a choice. I love this color. How do I request this color, or was it custom painted? I am so excited I don't want to miss out getting one. Is ordering through a dealer the best way? I saw a posting that said he order through mav- what is that? Thanks for your replies!
That's the show car. It's "Liquid Blue" and is a quad-coat paint which Ford doesn't mass produce yet. They're offering the Focus RS in a color called "Nitrous Blue" which will also be a quad-coat and is similar. With them offering that, it's possible we could see quad-coats on more cars in the future. But as of now, if you want blue, Deep Impact Blue is the only option. Ford does not offer a custom paint program for the GT350.
Sponsored

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Thanks Madlock for the reply. I'm not sure how to see the replies on this site, but got it on my email. I saw on this forum http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15440&page=3 a posting by Topnotch a picture of the car. It appears to be a lighter blue, not "deep impact blue". I don't see the lighter blue color as a choice. I love this color. How do I request this color, or was it custom painted? I am so excited I don't want to miss out getting one. Is ordering through a dealer the best way? I saw a posting that said he order through mav- what is that? Thanks for your replies!
It's a special blue Ford Performance uses exclusively for show vehicles. The color looks wicked as much because of how many coats are manually applied as the color itself. You'll see everything from Focus RS to Ford GT in it, but it's not available as a factory paint option and won't be. The running gag is that it's real name is "Unobtanium".

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Hey MAV could you tell me where the ones in the Memphis area are located?
12 TN dealers have cars in the pipe thru next week - both Autonation Memphis and Wolfchase are among them.

OP
OP
MAV

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Map updated 10/21, see first post.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
MAV, in case no one's said this today, you're an amazing human being! :ford:

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAV

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Tell my wife...better yet, pay for my car! :D

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Not many R cars at all on that map.
What are the dealerships that have cars coming for the Boston area? (Not really interested as they are non R cars, but just curious.) Thanks! :thumbsup:

lilskolio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 toyota tacoma, (ordered) Magnectic GT350
12 TN dealers have cars in the pipe thru next week - both Autonation Memphis and Wolfchase are among them.
Didn't order through them as planned salesmen tried to play me like a fool. Do you know if King Cotton Ford is on that list? :shrug:

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Didn't order through them as planned salesmen tried to play me like a fool. Do you know if King Cotton Ford is on that list? :shrug:
No, but that means only that they haven't had an ordered allocation scheduled yet. Most stores will subscribe and get at least one base GT350 allocation. Even if a dealer already has one or more in the pipe, they very well could be retail orders for waiting buyers anyway.

If you're still just trying to find a dealer to make a deal with, this kind of information isn't likely to be very useful to you.

Poki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R, BMW 328i
Thanks Madlock. I did visit my local dealer to discuss this. While I was there, I looked at their inventory of Mustang GT Premiums to get a sense of the body build quality. To my dismay it looked pretty awful- I saw doors not flush with the body and same thing with the hood. I have not bought a Ford vehicle in a long time. Is this common? Is the Shelby built any better? Any input on this from existing Shelby owners?

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Thanks Madlock. I did visit my local dealer to discuss this. While I was there, I looked at their inventory of Mustang GT Premiums to get a sense of the body build quality. To my dismay it looked pretty awful- I saw doors not flush with the body and same thing with the hood. I have not bought a Ford vehicle in a long time. Is this common? Is the Shelby built any better? Any input on this from existing Shelby owners?
As no GT350 owners yet exist, I'm not sure what kind of comparative feedback you're hoping to obtain. Otherwise, all Mustangs are assembled by the same workers on the same lines at the same plant.

Beyond that, Mustang's overwhelming popularity speaks for itself both as a model unto itself and especially relative to class competitors. It's also a mass market vehicle. Only you can decide for yourself if it's a value proposition that satisfies you.

I can't speak to the cars or dealers you've seen. But any prospective buyer who hasn't required the dealer to resolve any fitment issues he finds unacceptable prior to delivery has only himself to question later. Ford pays dealers stipends to compensate them for making right nominal production variances and other issues that may arise like transport damage. I otherwise can refer only to my own experiences which never have included accepting a vehicle I didn't find acceptable.

lilskolio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 toyota tacoma, (ordered) Magnectic GT350
No, but that means only that they haven't had an ordered allocation scheduled yet. Most stores will subscribe and get at least one base GT350 allocation. Even if a dealer already has one or more in the pipe, they very well could be retail orders for waiting buyers anyway.

If you're still just trying to find a dealer to make a deal with, this kind of information isn't likely to be very useful to you.
No King Cotton is who i placed my order with. They are a smaller dealer but i figured since they were only getting one it could possibly be getting pulled as well.

mephim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track (gone), 2019 GT350 (gone)
Mav,

Is there anything for 44223 yet?

Thanks

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
If you're looking for BMW or Audi fit-and-finish build quality, you're not going to find it. I absolutely love my Boss. And I really, really, really like my Fusion (which was built at the same facility as the Mustang) and all the tech that is offered for the price, but there are panel alignment issues. Not bad enough to call it a piece of crap, but it is something you notice. If sub-millimeter precision on the body is what you're after, you might want to prepare for some more let down.
Sponsored