Sponsored

Gt305r wheel studs

secstang03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Does anyone know the length of the front wheel studs on the R?

I am in the process of trying to bolt up a set of R wheels to my non R car. Ford has been useless. I have ordered several different sets and nothing has worked yet. I have a set of ARP coming from late model that states they are 3.4" under the head. By my measurements, this will not be enough. I am getting the hub and hat to be .8" and the back of the front hub spacer to the edge of the outside of the cone on the face of the wheel to be 2.5" which will only leave me with .1" sticking out of the face of the wheel cone.

Any input?
Sponsored

OP
OP

secstang03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So that shows 3.75" UHL length for the front. By Ford, what's the part number?

Is it saying the front hub is different?

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
Ha, that's my chart.

Just buy the hubs, don't bother with just the studs from Ford. I believe they are kinda' pricey individually.

HUB-299 is the replacement R front hub

HUB-308 is the replacement R rear hub

Sponsored

OP
OP

secstang03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I didn't need r hubs. The ford oem studs seemed to work with the non r hubs. It's the fronts that are giving me hell. I still can't imagine how replacing the front hubs will work.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The quickest and cheapest way to put R wheels on a non-R car is to buy the R hubs and install them. On the front, it's remarkably easy - take the caliper off, take the rotor off, move the steering from side to side to make clearance so you can remove the four bolts that hold the hub on, and bolt the new hub on and you're done. A set of crowfoot sockets is very helpful in this process. It's about 1/2 hour a side.

The rears are more work, but it's the same process with more steps.

Front hubs are Motorcraft HUB-299 and rears are HUB-308.

Or, are you putting these on a car that isn't a GT350? The GT350 has a different front knuckle.

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
I didn't need r hubs. The ford oem studs seemed to work with the non r hubs. It's the fronts that are giving me hell. I still can't imagine how replacing the front hubs will work.
The studs will all fit whatever GT350 or S550 hub you have, but the R front stud is longer than any aftermarket piece out there.

The R hub comes with the studs installed. As JAJ provided some of the info for this chart, he has first hand experience with this.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It occurred to me that the OP might be looking for replacement studs to use with existing hubs, so I checked some Ford parts sites and it looks like the R studs are not available in loose form. The non-R studs are, but it looks like the only way to get R studs is to buy them pre-installed on an R hub.

OP
OP

secstang03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
What a mess....

I have ordered HUB-299.

Thank you for the help

Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Great idea, but not quite workable because the 1107-C studs are too short by about 1/2", and the 1104-AB hubs don't fit the GT350 because it has a different front knuckle than the regular S550. Does anyone know if the 1104-B rear hubs fit the GT350? The FP catalog page doesn't say it does, which usually means it doesn't.

dewmsEleanor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I know this is a really old thread, but I am in the process of doing this exact install on my non-R after buying some R wheels from a fellow member here on the site. It sounds like the fronts are relatively easy, but the rears require a little more work.

I found a very helpful thread post here for the rears https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt350-rear-wheel-hub-removal.86031/

I am about to order the front and rear R hubs from Ford, but it looks like the spindle nut and 4 hub bolts are TTY or throwaway and will need to be replaced new. Does anyone know if these are provided with the hubs when you buy them or are they purchased separately. If they are separate, does anyone know off hand the part numbers?

Also, I plan on doing these installs myself, while Im not the master mechanic, I'm confident i can do it just fine. Are there any tips or tricks that i should be aware of when installing these? i.e. Lubrication, locktite, special tools, etc...

Thanks in advance guys!
@JAJ @VoodooStang

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I used the ARP studs on my Non R
Sponsored