GT Performance Pack Brembo Brake

samyang1120

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samual
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
Hi, has anyone try putting the Brembo 6 piston brake on base eco boost or V6 based model ? I have proper clearance for the brakes, is there any other reasons that it wont fit ?

Sponsored

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
Hypothetically speaking, we know the PP eco and base GT can mount Brembo calipers. Now we also know that the base GT brakes fit on the V6.

That leads us to the conclusion that the V6 should also be able to mount the Brembo calipers, however, I haven't seen a V6 with them yet to confirm. I am aiming to do the same mod if I see someone attempt it first.

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
The master cylinder for the Non-PP GT and PP GT are very similar though mot the same. The hydraulic spring inside of the PP GT is a different spring rate than the Non-PP GT.

All things considered, the Master Brake Cylinder is only about $60-70 if you really want to upgrade... You can take it to a dealership to have them install and bleed it.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I have an auto tans GT and put Brembos on it without changing the master several weeks ago, with zero issues.

The Brembo caliper is almost identical to the base GT calipers. Simple job, took an hour and 40 minutes with hand tools in my garage. The brake lines are the same, so that adds to the simplicity. Base and Brembo rear brakes on a GT are identical.
Sponsored