Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
What happened at the dealership?
Incompetent salespeople, service department not willing to issue out loaners for extended services unless you get an extended warranty, Ford being nazi with warranty claims. I got better treatment at a Honda dealership and i wasn't even buying (helping do some research for a friend) and i got excellent treatment at an Audi dealership and the sales guy knew i wasn't buying but was doing some research if my car got totaled out.

Ford needs to make their dealerships move up their service level and train their salespeople thoroughly. The one thing that kills me the most about owning a Ford is the service i get at a dealership.
Sponsored

OP
OP

texhex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
This is what I'm thinking for the GT. It makes for a damn fine daily driver with the configuration I've put together below.

These numbers are estimates and it works out to $95 per month more than what I'm paying now for the G37x.

I'm using a final selling price slightly higher than what TrueCar estimates for my area and my lease numbers are educated guesses based on what I've been reading the last few days. I'd pull the trigger on a 2017 so these may change a little but it is very comparative.

Don't flame me for choosing the automatic transmission. I broke my left foot last year and I've figured out that I won't be shifting a manual for extended periods, not to mention the automatic looks pretty nice!.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]NVr6SZKVNbg[/MEDIA]"]

Ingot Silver with 20"x9" wheels looks really good IMO.

I'm just waiting on the 2017 models at this point. =)

2016/2017 GT Premium
  • Equipment Group 401A
  • 20"x9" OEM Foundry Wheels
  • Enhanced Security Package
  • Reverse Sensing System
  • All Wheel Floor Mats
  • Automatic Transmission

$42,365 MSRP
$38,706 TrueCar estimate
$38,865 Potential negotiated price with dealer

Lease using estimated 56% residual and 4.8% APR (these are educated guesses)
$0 money down (absolutely nothing out of pocket)
39 months/15,000 miles per year

$555/month (estimated payment, includes tax)

PrtScr capture_8.jpg
PrtScr capture_6.jpg

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
17 doesn't add anything new, so I'd look for a 16 and hope to get more off. You can probably get one about 34-36 (before tax) set up the same way.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
17 doesn't add anything new, so I'd look for a 16 and hope to get more off. You can probably get one about 34-36 (before tax) set up the same way.
Worth a shot but don't wait too long. As soon as a bank is making leases on a new model year, the residual value on the previous model year usually drops because it will now be essentially one model year older when turned back in.

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
This is what I'm thinking for the GT. It makes for a damn fine daily driver with the configuration I've put together below.

The real price for that Mustang if you shop around is going to be in the very low 30's. So they appear to be in the same ballpark if you look at MSRP, but in reality, you can find dealers that are willing to go pretty low on the Mustangs. I picked up my base GT with 6sp last year for $28k. Auto + perf package would have put it around $31-33k, but I didn't want either. :)

That said, I'll try to address some of the OP's questions....

1. Interior of the Q50 is hands down nicer and more refined.
2. Fit/finish of the Q50 is hands down better.
3. If you want/need AWD, there's really no conversation to be had. Q50
4. Performance & mods: The Mustang wins here. If you're after thrills, the Mustang is a no-brainer.
5. Realiability: I think they'd both be about the same. Do routine maintenance and you're not likely to have much trouble with either car.
6. Passengers: If you find yourself needing to carry more than one passenger on occasion, I'd skip the Mustang. The back seat is really only suitable for kids or very small adults.

So if this is going to be your only car, I guess I'm leaning towards the Q50 if it was my choice. I've already got a nice euro sedan with AWD and a SUV beater for the winter and hauling chores. So the fun part of the Mustang and the ability to cheaply mod (along with a great user community) was the deciding factor for me.

Both are great cars so you'll be doing OK no matter which way you go.

Best,

Last edited:

Sponsored

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
Honestly, no matter where you live, I'd check out Koons Sterling. I live in Texas and it was cheaper for me to buy a flight to VA on frequent flyer miles and drive the car back than it was to deal in my area.

You can find a 2016 GT for the low 30's. I was at 37 OTD for a GT Premium PP with voice activated nav and rear sensor.

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
Honestly, no matter where you live, I'd check out Koons Sterling. I live in Texas and it was cheaper for me to buy a flight to VA on frequent flyer miles and drive the car back than it was to deal in my area.

You can find a 2016 GT for the low 30's. I was at 37 OTD for a GT Premium PP with voice activated nav and rear sensor.
That's actually the dealer I used. They're only about 30-40 mins away so I didn't need to burn any FF miles. :) But if you do fly in, it's only a 5-10 minute ride from Dulles Airport.

Easily the most pain free car purchase I've ever had.

Best,

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Probably the best way to make the decision is to find an older Mustang GT and drive it to see what you think. Does it rattle too much for you? I haven't noticed problems with quality on the Mustangs I have owned, and I've owned a lot of them. Up until just a few years ago I was daily driving 80s Mustangs, so I haven't always owned brand new ones, either. In my opinion they are just built better than most other vehicles on the road.

I personally would never consider a Q50 or any other Japanese car. I have owned a couple Hondas and they were really junky. Always either breaking or broken. And poorly designed so they were more difficult to fix compared to a Ford. Plus the Mustang was always much more fun to drive than any of the Japanese cars I've driven. I do like European imports. I think you get a lot more for your money buying a Ford compared to a Porsche or BMW, though. So, since you are asking my opinion, I would recommend highly staying away from a Japanese car and buy a Ford instead.

OP
OP

texhex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
That Koons Sterling dealer is taking almost $7,000 off sticker on average. Wow!

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55

Just drove home (400 miles) with a 16 Premium GT from there. Just looked at their website, and they have 83 mustangs on the lot. Their "WOW" price involves a bit of fuzzy math (add about 1500), but still seemed to be a bit less than any local dealer. With so many on the lot I was like a kid in a candy store. I did not specifically go down there to buy a mustang, they happened to be close to the hotel we were staying at, and it was a spur of the moment thing. So far, pretty happy with the experience! (As always, would like more for the trade, but oh well. Someone is going to get a nice 11 V6 with fairly low miles)

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
Just drove home (400 miles) with a 16 Premium GT from there. Just looked at their website, and they have 83 mustangs on the lot. Their "WOW" price involves a bit of fuzzy math (add about 1500), but still seemed to be a bit less than any local dealer. With so many on the lot I was like a kid in a candy store. I did not specifically go down there to buy a mustang, they happened to be close to the hotel we were staying at, and it was a spur of the moment thing. So far, pretty happy with the experience! (As always, would like more for the trade, but oh well. Someone is going to get a nice 11 V6 with fairly low miles)
I didn't think their WOW price was that far off. They add on a couple fees that every dealer adds, and then state income tax. It was right on the money, and cheaper OTD for me than every dealer in the Houston area by no less than $500 (and the one that came within $500 didn't have voice activated nav, so it was really cheaper by $1200).

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
Kind of a funny discussion, I had a 2011 G37 sedan that turned me off Infiniti. Rattles, squeaked like crazy, and flickering leds in the dash ruined that car for me. A lot of people had bubbles in the leather too.

I'm pretty sure the twin turbo v6 will start around 50k. Considering all the issues I had, I couldn't give Infiniti my money. And if you read up on the q50 its got some issues of its own.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I didn't think their WOW price was that far off. They add on a couple fees that every dealer adds, and then state income tax. It was right on the money, and cheaper OTD for me than every dealer in the Houston area by no less than $500 (and the one that came within $500 didn't have voice activated nav, so it was really cheaper by $1200).
Don't get me wrong, as I said, happy with the deal - would recommend any serious shopper check it out. It will still be a better deal than (at least in my case) small town Ford by a substantial margin. I do hope small town Ford does not give me grief for any warranty issue that may pop up. The last Mustang was pretty good in that regard, so I feel confident. :D

Joe Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R (on order)
Hello everyone, first post. Hopefully you can help me out and not flame too hard on a current import guy.

I'm considering buying a 2017 GT with 401A, Reverse Sensing and GT Performance packages $41,880 MSRP. I'm currently driving a 2013 Infiniti G37x (AWD) and it might seem bizzare but I'm cross shopping the Mustang against a 2016 Q50 AWD. The 2016 Q50 models are not out yet but they will be similar in price to the current model year. They also get a new twin turbo 6 to replace the current V6 which has been bullet proof over the life cycle of the G and Z cars it powers.

Two totally different cars I know, but they are very similar in price.

Big question is that I've never owned an American car and I'm wondering about the build quality, specifically the interior with regards to rattles, squeaks, etc. over time. I have owned two Infinitis, Honda Accords prior to that and a 4Runner and I've literally NEVER had an issue with the interiors.

How does the new Mustang interior hold up over time? Squeaks, rattles, etc.? I won't be able to take it if after 15,000 miles my dash, gauges, doors, housing, etc. start rattling or squeaking. I know it will drive me nuts.

I'm fairly certain that mechanically both cars will be comparable.

I'm not bashing I'm just asking. How is the build quality of the new Mustang interiors?
Apples and organges. You can't compare these cars to each other. For the past 10 years I have been selling Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, and Audi. Yes, I lease a very nice MB as my daily driver but I have 3 Mustangs in the garage and a GT350R on order. I am lucky to have the option to own a car that gives me the luxury and features of a MB as well as cars that are a visceral thrill like the Mustang. I hope my rumblings make sense and help you. No car is perfect. Get the Mustang. Enjoy it. You can always go luxury later in life!

Joe
Sponsored