Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Looks like a hell of a car.

Shakooza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2016-alfa-romeo-giulia-pictures-performance-specs-news/

500 HP Ferrari powered 3300 lb sedan.

I would put money this will be the guts for the the Challenger/ Charger replacement, based on the grumblings I have heard and coupled with how many Fiat based platforms are being used in D segment and below for FCA.

Interesting thought regarding the guts for the new Challenger/Charger. They are supposed to get a refresh in 2018. It would make a lot of sense that this could be the engine. Will the Dodge crowd accept anything less than a V8 in a Challenger?

I dont know how they are going to move these Alfas unless they are vast improvement over an M3 or have a significantly reduced cost. I think Alfa's sales goals in general are a little unrealistic. Alfa has 82 dealerships and want to sell 132,000 total cars in the US which is around 1600 cars per dealership. Im not thinking that is going to happen...We will see.

OP
OP
68fbjjz109

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Interesting thought regarding the guts for the new Challenger/Charger. They are supposed to get a refresh in 2018. It would make a lot of sense that this could be the engine. Will the Dodge crowd accept anything less than a V8 in a Challenger?

I dont know how they are going to move these Alfas unless they are vast improvement over an M3 or have a significantly reduced cost. I think Alfa's sales goals in general are a little unrealistic. Alfa has 82 dealerships and want to sell 132,000 total cars in the US which is around 1600 cars per dealership. Im not thinking that is going to happen...We will see.
I don't think the Challenger/Charger crowd would be please with Alfa guts, which is exactly why I think this is what is going to replace it.

It wont be in 2018. Or any time soon prob something closer to 2020, there is nothing set in stone to replace the large vehicle architecture from what I understand.

The only thing I have heard it's replacement platform will start from a segment smaller than it currently is, and current fans of the big cruiser will not not be pleased, and it should be more inline with it's competition. This car from a body structure seems like it will fit the bill, doubt it will be that light. But still imagine a 392 powered 3600 lbs car...

That might be a Mopar or no car vehicle.

But that Alfa has to do everything right out the box to put the ATS out of the running to try and displace the Germans.

Shakooza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
I don't think the Challenger/Charger crowd would be please with Alfa guts, which is exactly why I think this is what is going to replace it.

It wont be in 2018. Or any time soon prob something closer to 2020, there is nothing set in stone to replace the large vehicle architecture from what I understand.

The only thing I have heard it's replacement platform will start from a segment smaller than it currently is, and current fans of the big cruiser will not not be pleased, and it should be more inline with it's competition. This car from a body structure seems like it will fit the bill, doubt it will be that light. But still imagine a 392 powered 3600 lbs car...

That might be a Mopar or no car vehicle.

But that Alfa has to do everything right out the box to put the ATS out of the running to try and displace the Germans.

Im not sure if you know but they released dodges product plan in a meeting. It looks like the roll out of the challenger is in 2018. The rumors that have been floating around are that we will see mules running around mid 2017 and early Spring release 2018.

I do agree with you that Dodge is going to head in a smaller direction and it wont make the Dodge crew happy. There CEO keeps saying that the "Muscle car is here to stay" but he also clearly says that V8s are basical done for...It makes a whole load of sense that an engine like the Alfa is used...

http://www.wired.com/2015/05/dodge-muscle-car-stay-thanks-much/

Sponsored

OP
OP
68fbjjz109

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Im not sure if you know but they released dodges product plan in a meeting. It looks like the roll out of the challenger is in 2018. The rumors that have been floating around are that we will see mules running around mid 2017 and early Spring release 2018.

I do agree with you that Dodge is going to head in a smaller direction and it wont make the Dodge crew happy. There CEO keeps saying that the "Muscle car is here to stay" but he also clearly says that V8s are basical done for...It makes a whole load of sense that an engine like the Alfa is used...

http://www.wired.com/2015/05/dodge-muscle-car-stay-thanks-much/
They might make it work, but I know there is nothing concrete right now. They want to carry over a large amount of components. If they go the Alfa route might be difficult giving the Mercedes based platform with Dodge powertrain.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Monster of car if it comes as advertised.

If you squint slightly, it looks like they copied the side profile, stance and rear profile of the M3. It does look good, but I am a bit biased.

Not that BMW has the best reputation for reliability, but Alfa is a whole step down in that category IMHO.

OP
OP
68fbjjz109

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Yes, Although I like many old Mopars, and some of the new FCA products. I won't consider buying one for some time. Having your company bought and sold so many times doesn't do anything to improve quality or product direction.

They are doing well, but most certainly still have alot of issues, and they will really need to get over the reliability stigma in the future especially now that Fiat owns them. If they are going to compete in that market. It's not like Toyota bought them

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
It will not be a cheap car to fix or maintain. Maintenance is crazy expensive for ferarri engines. It makes bmws, Mercedes etc look cheap.

Sponsored

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
Beautiful car. If this is in fact the underpinnings of the new Dodge I wonder how this will affect the price point.

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Have actual ring times been posted for the gt350?
These days Ford unlike their competitors does not like to offer factory performance testing results. They didn't offer any for the US spec 15 GT only for the Euro one. We just get general statements like it's faster around the track than a Boss (but slower in a straight line).

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Looks like an awesome car. Thanks for posting it.

Great time to be a car guy.
Sponsored