Sponsored

GT Boggs when Shifting

Zenkem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PPP GT Mustang
Posting this for my son, he has an EU GT that when shifted into sixth @5500 RPM or greater the engine Boggs and if you keep your foot in it the RPM's will shoot up with no acceleration. We've been working with the local Ford dealer and because the computer is not sending any error codes they're not sure what to do. Is anyone else having this problem with the EU models??? I'm thinking it's a Tuning problem because the car runs great other than that???

I have an American spec GT that pulls hard from 5th to 6th and didn't believe he was having an issue until I drove it...
Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Hard to know exactly what you mean from the description....

An EU spec GT will (probably) have a different final drive ratio to your US GT, so it *should* feel different.

5th to 6th is not a 'normal' jump in gearing if that makes sense.... 6th is a real overdrive on the EU spec cars....

If the revs are rising and the car not getting any faster, that usually only means one ting.... clutch slip.

Is the car standard?

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
oh an importantly - manual or auto?

OP
OP
Zenkem

Zenkem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PPP GT Mustang
Hard to know exactly what you mean from the description....

An EU spec GT will (probably) have a different final drive ratio to your US GT, so it *should* feel different.

5th to 6th is not a 'normal' jump in gearing if that makes sense.... 6th is a real overdrive on the EU spec cars....

If the revs are rising and the car not getting any faster, that usually only means one ting.... clutch slip.

Is the car standard?
Good points!!! It's a manual, and if I were moving at a slower speed I would swear the wheels were spinning but shifting from 5th to 6th at 5500+ RPM's the wheels are not spinning unless you're hitting the guard rail. :D;):D

The clutch did cross my mind but it doesn't happen in the lower gears??? I believe the EU spec'd Stangs have 3:55's...

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Purely from the description id be looking at the clutch...

If the revs rise but the car gets no faster then it has to be the clutch, particularly in 5th or 6th at high speed.

OP
OP
Zenkem

Zenkem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PPP GT Mustang
Purely from the description id be looking at the clutch...

If the revs rise but the car gets no faster then it has to be the clutch, particularly in 5th or 6th at high speed.
I would think it will be much easier to slip in the lower gears???
Sponsored