Sponsored

GT 500 CFTP VS ZL1 1LE

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
The GT500 is overprice because dealers are trying to milk the car for every dollar they can get. I still see Ford dealers here in S. FL charging way over for a basic GT500 with just a few extra options. Never mind a CFTP car. The GMM car has been discounted and discounted to where it is a better deal if you want a high end vehicle for a much less price.

Also true, the Camaro will ride much harsher.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
...Ford dropped the ball on a lot of comfort features and quality. Some examples I have full head up display, cooled and heated Recaros, ambient lighting also the PDR (performance data recorder) is really cool.
I've mentioned the PDR a number of times. It is shameful that Ford has nothing similar. For the money the GT500 requires to buy it should have something similar or better.

BlackMustang690

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt500
Yes one of the best features for track use, just like the heads up display since i have a manual car i look at the at the gear I am in and the rpm/shift light. Also helps with my entry/ exit speeds too

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
The ZL1/Z06 are within about .5 seconds of each other in 1/4 mile and track. The GT500 runs near identical times as the Z06 (FYI- I sold my 2019 Z06 for my GT500)

All three are high performance and 99.9% of the time the difference between the three will come down to driver. None of them are superior to each other.

It comes down to what someone wants, so the same things could be said about the Z06 since the Camaro is 25K less and still has nearly the same performance. The same arguments apply to the Z06 and every other car that costs more than the Camaro.

Just buy what you want and enjoy it. Personally, I think there are so many high performance cars at attainable prices that we are fortunate to have all these choices. I bought my GT500 because I like it, and I know some will not like it, some will, and there are cars which are faster. Who cares as long as the car puts a smile on your face.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Yes one of the best features for track use, just like the heads up display since i have a manual car i look at the at the gear I am in and the rpm/shift light. Also helps with my entry/ exit speeds too
I love having the heads up display of my speeds. No other way to safely know your braking and apex speeds.

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
I went to the North American GT500 Track Tour at NJMP and I didn't walk away with the same conclusion. Yes, it is a fantastic car. No, it does not make me want to trade or sell my 350R for it. There are plenty of other cars in the price range that I would covet over the GT500 CFTP car. I mention that trim because that would be the only version that I would want to purchase. It is very fast, but it doesn't trigger the same emotions and lust that I had for the 350R. My prior cars were all AMG or M cars.
To be honest the 500 and 350 are different markets.

350 was more of a conquest car, attracting buyers from other brands. Thats why BMW is making a big deal this time around with the M3 competition , and finally matched the R... 5 years later :crackup:

500 is more for the die hard mustang fans.

FP said they grouped together the 'competitor owners' in a specific group , I guess getting a swept (1-2 sessions in I believe?) session at NJMP wasn't enough to impress huh :crackup:

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
To be honest the 500 and 350 are different markets.

350 was more of a conquest car, attracting buyers from other brands. Thats why BMW is making a big deal this time around with the M3 competition , and finally matched the R... 5 years later :crackup:

500 is more for the die hard mustang fans.

FP said they grouped together the 'competitor owners' in a specific group , I guess getting a swept (1-2 sessions in I believe?) session at NJMP wasn't enough to impress huh :crackup:
You're so right about that. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm not brand loyal to any manufacturer, and I have never considered owning a mustang. Don't get me wrong, I thought they were cool, but there was always something else that I wanted more. The GT350 was the only car that made me say no to everything else, then I shocked my friends by purchasing the R. In their words, "it's the same exact car."

Maybe Ford should have let us have more then 2 sessions in the CFTP. :like:

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Funny, I was at the track today and a ZL1 was there. Looked fantastic in orange. Ripped and had almost no body roll from what I could tell. Different groups so we didn’t get to run together.

Huge front tires. 305. I think that’s the widest front tire I remember seeing On a car.
Sponsored