Got to drive a Ferrari 488 Spider today

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP Grabber Yellow
and then I got in my 2021 'Stang. Getting out of the Ferrari, I thought that I would be disappointed getting into my car. I wasn't.

There's no denying that there is really no comparison between these 2 cars. Totally different characters, the DCT works extremely well in the Ferrari, and both me and my father commented with a sound like that, you don't need a sound system. It sounds incredible. It's also a mid-engine, twin turbo V8 3300 lbs car and pushes 670 HP. A lot of exotic materials inside the car. It exudes $$$. It costs several times what a well appointed GT costs.

I would never be able to afford one of these cars, so this was unexpected. I wasn't shopping for a new ride....

Getting in and out is not nearly as comfortable as the mustang. It rides really low. The ride and steering are phenomenal though. I didn't want to get out of the car.

What a treat driving the 488, and I still love my mustang. Makes me wonder how the multimatic GTD will fare against the likes of a 488.
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
How can I get a ride in said Ferrari?

Glad to read you weren't disappointed getting back into your car. Like a well worn favorite pair of shoes.

OP
OP

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP Grabber Yellow
How can I get a ride in said Ferrari?

Glad to read you weren't disappointed getting back into your car. Like a well worn favorite pair of shoes.
It's my brother-in-law's, but he says it's my sister's....

The Mustang is one of the best sounding cars out there. I feel like it's a great value. Where else do you find this combination of comfort, performance, drivability and stock sound for the price point?

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
It's my brother-in-law's, but he says it's my sister's....

The Mustang is one of the best sounding cars out there. I feel like it's a great value. Where else do you find this combination of comfort, performance, drivability and stock sound for the price point?
I agree. They’re getting a little too steep for 2024 as far as the bang for the buck goes but I agree on the sound and everything else. I love my two cars.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
and then I got in my 2021 'Stang. Getting out of the Ferrari, I thought that I would be disappointed getting into my car. I wasn't.

There's no denying that there is really no comparison between these 2 cars. Totally different characters, the DCT works extremely well in the Ferrari, and both me and my father commented with a sound like that, you don't need a sound system. It sounds incredible. It's also a mid-engine, twin turbo V8 3300 lbs car and pushes 670 HP. A lot of exotic materials inside the car. It exudes $$$. It costs several times what a well appointed GT costs.

I would never be able to afford one of these cars, so this was unexpected. I wasn't shopping for a new ride....

Getting in and out is not nearly as comfortable as the mustang. It rides really low. The ride and steering are phenomenal though. I didn't want to get out of the car.

What a treat driving the 488, and I still love my mustang. Makes me wonder how the multimatic GTD will fare against the likes of a 488.
Know what you mean. I drove a '14 458 Spider (NA) that was over 500 HP in stock form and the trans is incredible. The exhaust note once you're over 1/4 throttle got really throaty and louder. Still, it did cost over 4 times what I paid for my base GT at it's used price. The drawback is it only seats 2.
Sponsored