Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
Jeez what a bunch of cry babies.

Drive your car, if it blows up then ford will cover it.
Holy cow...this is what you see as a cry baby. What a sheltered life you must live.

:doh:

And "if it blows up, ford will cover it"? well, hopefully no one is in it when that happens.

But please do refer back to my OP. "I'm not pleased". Oh my, that is just so terrible.....
Sponsored

ncrisis

NCRISIS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 DIB Black Roof Track Pack
Everyone - Please if you have a recall notice contact FORD directly 800-392-3676 and demand to be transferred to the supervisor of the recall dept. His name is Daniel - Badge #64212. He says he is the final say in the recall matter and there is no way he would accommodate anyone demanding a loaner. If we all ask for a loaner during this recall doesn't mean on a recorded line that all of our voices can't be heard. Do It! There are several articles on the world wide web that state multiple cases during a safety recall that a rental provision can be granted. A united stand has to occur... The logic is not right that only 1% complain and 99% due nothing. It's a simple phone call .. let your voice be heard.

PS.. I have several cars to choose for DD and the GT350 is paid for so please know I'm only crying bullshit to ford based on principal of stating harm by fire and no provision for safety. Fucking lawyers!

Last edited:

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I got my letter in the mail a few days ago. It's still in the envelope.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Everyone - Please if you have a recall notice contact FORD directly 800-392-3676 and demand to be transferred to the supervisor of the recall dept. His name is Daniel - Badge #64212. He says he is the final say in the recall matter and there is no way he would accommodate anyone demanding a loaner. If we all ask for a loaner during this recall doesn't mean on a recorded line that all of our voices can't be heard. Do It! There are several articles on the world wide web that state multiple cases during a safety recall that a rental provision can be granted. A united stand has to occur... The logic is not right that only 1% complain and 99% due nothing. It's a simple phone call .. let your voice be heard.

PS.. I have several cars to choose for DD and the GT350 is paid for so please know I'm only crying bullshit to ford based only on principal...
We did call Ford and got nowhere in the fast boat, although we didn't speak to Daniel. Unfortunately, it seems 99% of the people on this forum don't give a crap about the potential risks so nothing will come of our calls. Sucks, too, 'cause we are a one car household for the time being. A loaner would be wonderful.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Jeez what a bunch of cry babies.

Drive your car, if it blows up then ford will cover it.
Cry babies? Yeah, who cares man, I mean if something DID happen, regardless of how statistically small, the outcome being potentially catastrophic is nothing to worry about, obviously. I mean, who cares if the car were to catch fire and you had your kids or wife in there, not a big deal. :rolleyes:

PS. I drove my R a small handful of times once the recall became known before storing it. However, I would absolutely not be using it as I would were this during the summer. Regardless of how small the chances are, I think it is pretty shitty that they say there is an issue but won't have a fix for a significant amount of time.

Sponsored

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
They have a fix, its just not ready, and so far no news of any GT350 spontaneously catching fire due to this exact issue

This is far more benign than the millions (YES MILLIONS) of cars that have been driving around for years with airbags that can put a bit piece of shrapnel into your face.
Ok. Fair enough.

Still not ok. But I get your point.
As a FYI, very similar to our current situation I got a recall notice from Ford a year ago regarding a tranny issue with my 2011 Raptor. Just like now, the notice stated they have a fix (Software reflash) but it was not ready and they would let me know when to come in. Also similar to our situation, it was serious, The tranny could go from 4th gear at highway speeds to 1st instantly and lock up...scary shit.

It took 6 months to get the software is ready call and in that time I drove the Raptor just about every day. Never an issue.

While these notices are understandably stressful, (I think half of you guys just dread having to have a dealership touch your car), this will all resolve itself without incident. If these cars were a clear and present danger to drive, Ford would be required to take alternative action.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm so sick of threads like this.

MEEE!!! I'M PISSED BECAUSE NOTHING IS PERFECT! MEEE! MEEE!!! MEEE!!!!

Get over yourselves. Got my recall letter too. My reaction: "thank you for actually addressing the issue."

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
I got 2 because I sold the tech car and bought a used track car. I called ford and registered the track car therefore I got the letter. GM gave me a loaner for over a month on the ignition key problem. My wife's HHR sat in the garage until the parts came in. I wasn't going to let her drive it. When I drive the 350 it's just me.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I got 2 because I sold the tech car and bought a used track car. I called ford and registered the track car therefore I got the letter. GM gave me a loaner for over a month on the ignition key problem. My wife's HHR sat in the garage until the parts came in. I wasn't going to let her drive it. When I drive the 350 it's just me.
Key difference: the GM ignition key issue actually killed people.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Key difference: the GM ignition key issue actually killed people.
Just because nothing has happened "yet" doesn't mean the possibility isn't there. What makes a recall that affects millions of cars any more dangerous than those that affects ours? The potential risk with any incident related to our recall could very well end up in a fatality. Only reason we haven't seen issues IMO is because there are a very small number of GT350's and the majority aren't driven much compared to the average commuter car.

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Just because nothing has happened "yet" doesn't mean the possibility isn't there. What makes a recall that affects millions of cars any more dangerous than those that affects ours? The potential risk with any incident related to our recall could very well end up in a fatality. Only reason we haven't seen issues IMO is because there are a very small number of GT350's and the majority aren't driven much compared to the average commuter car.
Or maybe because the actual failure mode is seeping/dripping and not the line coming entirely off and exploding the car like an episode of Macguyver which is what the "omg" contingent here is envisioning. I really don't understand how the word "recall" makes everyone throw critical thinking out the window.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Or maybe because the actual failure mode is seeping/dripping and not the line coming entirely off and exploding the car like an episode of Macguyver which is what the "omg" contingent here is envisioning. I really don't understand how the word "recall" makes everyone throw critical thinking out the window.
Because that must be the ONLY mode of failure, right? How do you know for certain that is the only scenario that could happen? You don't. The point is, a recall concerning a situation in which a fire could develop is much more significant and a cause for more concern than a recall concerning parking sensors or a bad liftgate motor. Some people may be overreacting sure I can agree to that, but some like yourself seem to take it with a grain of salt which is much more odd IMO.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Some people may be overreacting sure I can agree to that, but some like yourself seem to take it with a grain of salt which is much more odd IMO.
I think it has to do with one's background, especially in the automotive world.

As for me personally, tally me up as someone who takes it with a grain of salt. I've been working on / modding cars since I was like 13 years old. I've duct taped parts together, ziptied everything into oblivion, anything sketchy you can think of I probably daily drove like that for years. So when Ford comes at me with a recall like this, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. All I do is continue to monitor my oil level and check for leaks in the concerning areas.
Sponsored