Sponsored

Goodbye for now

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
I had to "downgrade" this weekend. Due to changes in circumstances, I needed something more economical as a daily driver - lower payments and better gas mileage (I drive 80 miles a day). So I traded in my Mustang for a Focus ST. It's still zippy, but it's definitely not a Mustang... ah well - my kids don't have to climb through seats anymore. I'll be back eventually, though. And I still have my SN95 GT project car for when I need that V8 fix... It's not the same, though. :(

20180525_195548 (Medium).jpg

20180525_195610 (Medium).jpg
Sponsored

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
There are some sweet deals on the Focus'. I went to look at them and I was also tempted. At least you still have a stang. Good choice!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Just some food for thought, but why not get a beater that gets 30-40 mpg and keep the Stang. I know it's all hindsight now though.

You NEVER come out ahead on the trade in.

OP
OP

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just some food for thought, but why not get a beater that gets 30-40 mpg and keep the Stang. I know it's all hindsight now though.

Needed the lower payment, too. I wasn't too bad on the trade, and my payment is less than half of what it was. It wasn't just about gas mileage, unfortunately. I could probably have made it work, but I don't like being that tight with my finances.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

This may not apply to the op but the last time I saw this was this guy who bought a Hyundai to replace his performance car. It’s not so much the trade in for the guy but the fact the insurance company was going to drop him due to being naughty with his performance car. I also wondered about the financial reasons - but now I know: “the rest of the story”... :lol:

Now some companies will insure anyone but they are prohibitively expensive. Just say’in.

OP
OP

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This may not apply to the op but the last time I saw this was this guy who bought a Hyundai to replace his performance car. It’s not so much the trade in for the guy but the fact the insurance company was going to drop him due to being naughty with his performance car. I also wondered about the financial reasons - but now I know: “the rest of the story”... :lol:

Now some companies will insure anyone but they are prohibitively expensive. Just say’in.
My "rest of the story" is pretty simple. My fiance ended our relationship, and we had bought a house together. Now I'm paying for the house by myself, so... time to cut back. *shrug*

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

My "rest of the story" is pretty simple. My fiance ended our relationship, and we had bought a house together. Now I'm paying for the house by myself, so... time to cut back. *shrug*
We(Fatguy, not me lol) don't mean to pry OP.

But it sounds like you made a responsible decision and everyone can respect that. The ST is no slouch. Handling for days.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

Fair enough. My Mustang was paid off when I got the divorce. I drove that 5.0 for eighteen years. Like you I kept the house and we paid like 175,000 back in the 1990s. I was washing my car yesterday and this cute woman wanted to talk to me. Thought it was me and the car but she made an 850,000 dollar offer on my house. I declined as the guy on the other side of the street sold his for 950,000. You made the right move.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
By the way guys that is a slick move in a place where the housing market is hot. If both of you worked you would never get the mortgage and house you have now. So ditch the extravagances and watch the house appreciate.

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Big insurance saving too, huh? At least you're smart enough to make the move and not go deep into a hole.

I often wonder which way I would go if something was to happen to my Mustang.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
A perfect example why paying cash is better. No monthly payments or interest to worry about. Ever. If my g/f moved out, I'd still keep my Mustang even with her not helping out with the mortgage since I owe nothing on it.

I had an ST myself. Great car.
Sponsored