Good Spot Remover?

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
I did a full and quality wash last night and noticed I've recently acquired some light grey specks (~1000 of them) around the license plate and rear bumper in general. Soap (Griots) and water, microfiber mitt, and elbow grease did not remove them. If I "scratch" at them with my finger nail they would (do) remove.

Suggestions on a strong cleaning product to use?
Sponsored

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
I did a full and quality wash last night and noticed I've recently acquired some light grey specks (~1000 of them) around the license plate and rear bumper in general. Soap (Griots) and water, microfiber mitt, and elbow grease did not remove them. If I "scratch" at them with my finger nail they would (do) remove.

Autogeek.net will have lots of great products. Their forums are full of people with more knowledge than you will find anywhere. Great how to vids as well.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

I'd say it's just carbon deposits from the exhaust. Mine has it over the bumper on humid days.. particularly after sport mode usage. Staying on top of the bumper with a detailer spray will keep.them off.. a cleaner wax should do it. You can call autogeek and see what they would recommend short of using a polisher and compound.

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150

Sponsored

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
I have a black car and it had iron deposits all over it at delivery. I thought it was hard water spots but it was from the rail yard/delivery depot at ford. Nothing seemed to take them off. Dealer did a full detail. Still there. With the water borne paint Ford uses contaminants get into the paint easier than normal.

What works: Try vinegar! It removed the spots. It works

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
If you haven't already, it wouldn't hurt to do a wash with something like CarPro's IronX Snow Soap. This will remove any rail dust or other iron deposits in and on your paint - safely. Depending on the level of effort you want to put into the car, you can them cut, polish, glaze, wax and seal the paint up to and including a nano protectant (Ceramic Pro, Cerakote, C Quartz, etc.) which will resist any further contamination.

Short version - spray detailer and a clay bar will lift the decontamination also.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I have a black car and it had iron deposits all over it at delivery. I thought it was hard water spots but it was from the rail yard/delivery depot at ford. Nothing seemed to take them off. Dealer did a full detail. Still there. With the water borne paint Ford uses contaminants get into the paint easier than normal.

If you wanna remove rail dust, try this.
https://www.amazon.com/Carpro-Iron-Remover-500-Ml/dp/B004UM6DLE

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

This. At least it's worked for hard water spots for me.

Sponsored

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Clay Bar.

OP
OP

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
I'd say it's just carbon deposits from the exhaust. Mine has it over the bumper on humid days.. particularly after sport mode usage. Staying on top of the bumper with a detailer spray will keep.them off.. a cleaner wax should do it. You can call autogeek and see what they would recommend short of using a polisher and compound.
I bet you are correct. I'm in sport mode all the time. What detailer spray do you use for staying on top of it.