Sponsored

Good shop to get racing stripes in SoCal??

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
has anybody got a good vinyl shop they use near San Diego? I am thinking about getting some racing stripes for my car but would only want to go to a place that is going to do it right, I want the stripes to go from the very bottom of my rear bumper all the way to the front under the bottom grille.

I am wondering if it would be better to use material a shop has or order stripes from AM and have a shop do the install. I would do this myself but I don't have any experience with vinyl nor do I have the time/patience.

Thanks! :headbang:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tash Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Mustang GT
Coming from personal experience the stripes from AM are absolutely horrible. Got my first kit replaced but after the second one came in the same exact poor condition I got a refund and just had a shop do the full thing. I live in LA and got my stripes done at a wrap shop. I was quoted 400 for the whole thing but paid 300 bc of a club sponsorship. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
AttiS550

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Coming from personal experience the stripes from AM are absolutely horrible. Got my first kit replaced but after the second one came in the same exact poor condition I got a refund and just had a shop do the full thing. I live in LA and got my stripes done at a wrap shop. I was quoted 400 for the whole thing but paid 300 bc of a club sponsorship. Hope this helps.
It does, thanks for the tip man. I might call around to some well rated shops and get some quotes this week.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I ordered them fromBig Worm Graphix and had someone local install them. I paid $250 for the instal.

shawn3210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 PP Triple yellow
Highly recommend Don at http://wannaberacer.com
He didn't do stripes for me but he did wrap my roof. He also did a couple of member's vehicle on here. One of which were stripes. He's a perfectionist and does excellent work for the price. He mainly does european and high end cars....found out about him on an audi forum. He's in the OC in anaheim hills tho.

Sponsored

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
He didn't do stripes for me but he did wrap my roof. He also did a couple of member's vehicle on here. One of which were stripes. He's a perfectionist and does excellent work for the price. He mainly does european and high end cars....found out about him on an audi forum. He's in the OC in anaheim hills tho.
Don is really good. Give him a call. He did my stripes and they were aligned perfectly. He also custom cut the stripes.

It takes about 5-6 hrs to do stripes from scratch so keep that in mind.

I even tipped him an extra $100 because he did such a good job.

OP
OP
AttiS550

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
sounds like the guy is a true pro. Maybe if I plan a trip up there for the weekend I can get it done, but that is a little further than I want to go.

I am also thinking about care and maintenance after the stripes go on. I often use auto washes (I know that is blasphemy to many) and I am not sure if it would be smart for me to do that with vinyl stripes on the car. My car is my DD and it gets dirty so often that I just don't have the time/patience to always wash her by hand :(

shawn3210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 PP Triple yellow
sounds like the guy is a true pro. Maybe if I plan a trip up there for the weekend I can get it done, but that is a little further than I want to go.

I am also thinking about care and maintenance after the stripes go on. I often use auto washes (I know that is blasphemy to many) and I am not sure if it would be smart for me to do that with vinyl stripes on the car. My car is my DD and it gets dirty so often that I just don't have the time/patience to always wash her by hand :(
He's worth the trip haha, there's a movie theatre by the shop so you can watch a movie while he does the work. Not sure about the auto washes as I wash my own car. I would message him and ask, he'll give you a straight answer.

OP
OP
AttiS550

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
He's worth the trip haha, there's a movie theatre by the shop so you can watch a movie while he does the work. Not sure about the auto washes as I wash my own car. I would message him and ask, he'll give you a straight answer.
Well thats definitely good to know. Of course I bought some other mods today so now I am probably going to have to put this off again for a while :lol: everytime I think I am done getting stuff for my car something else comes up :headbonk:

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
I ordered them fromBig Worm Graphix and had someone local install them. I paid $250 for the instal.
I did the same thing. Monumental Works in Kearny Mesa installed for $300 and did a great job.

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink

Godsend guys! Just reached out to Don after hours via email and he emailed me back within minutes. Ima see if he can do my heat extractors for me.
Sponsored