Sponsored

Glove box misaligned - rubbing upper right

bftx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is anyone else's glove box misaligned? Mine rubs the upper right hand corner just before it is closed shut.

I have lowered the glove box, by pressing the two tabs inward, and disconnecting the gear on the right hand side, but there is no way to adjust. Its just off.

Come on Ford. I love you, but come on. Other than this, a slight noise when rolling down my window, I absolutely love the car.

Sponsored

OP
OP

bftx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Does anyone have any fixes for this? From what I've looked at, there are no adjustment mechanisms.

no_moochers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT PP
Same. Exact. Issues.

My main gripe about the glove box is it makes the light inside it stay on.

For the window, its the little felt-y strip on top of the inside weatherstripping. A little piece has come loose and its the adhesive thats dragging and making the sound. I might try to glue it back down, or just tear it off. Havent decided yet.

OP
OP

bftx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Same. Exact. Issues.

My main gripe about the glove box is it makes the light inside it stay on.

For the window, its the little felt-y strip on top of the inside weatherstripping. A little piece has come loose and its the adhesive thats dragging and making the sound. I might try to glue it back down, or just tear it off. Havent decided yet.
Thanks so much for the window tip! The piece of felt on the passenger side is loose and is coming off. I'm going to tear off the little piece of felt adhesive, and replace with a new piece. You can buy sheets of black adhesive felt at Walmart

OP
OP

bftx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks so much for the window tip! The piece of felt on the passenger side is loose and is coming off. I'm going to tear off the little piece of felt adhesive, and replace with a new piece. You can buy sheets of black adhesive felt at Walmart
No luck on the felt strip being the issue behind the sound the window makes. I watched the window go up, and down, the felt does not touch the window.

When the Windows goes down, there is a faint click sound when the window goes down about 3-5 inches. And then is a faint click sound at the sound spot when the window goes up.

Sponsored

mephim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track (gone), 2019 GT350 (gone)
Is anyone else's glove box misaligned? Mine rubs the upper right hand corner just before it is closed shut.

I have lowered the glove box, by pressing the two tabs inward, and disconnecting the gear on the right hand side, but there is no way to adjust. Its just off.

Come on Ford. I love you, but come on. Other than this, a slight noise when rolling down my window, I absolutely love the car.
Sorry to rez a dead thread but I am having this issue and wondering if anyone has figured out how to align the glove box. There are two 8mm screws when you drop the box but they don't appear to allow rotation.

mephim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track (gone), 2019 GT350 (gone)
delete
Sponsored

Last edited: