Sponsored

Gauge pods/ mounts

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Is anyone working on these for our cars? I havent seemed to find any that keep gauges out of sight to people looking through the window. Id do a custom deal on my own but i want it to look nice so that's not a good option.

I just need one for the Ngauge since oil pressure, fuel pressure and boost psi support will be on its way eventually, 5 gauges in one for me. I really dont want to lose an vent on the dash just to mount it. Any suggestions? This seemed like the appropriate section to post in, if not my apologies.
Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I don't think there is a way other than doing something custom. Even then there isn't much space other than the vents.

Here's my solution. I monitor various things and data log with the AP and have my critical gauges on the dash with visual/auditory alerts when things go south.
image.jpg

OP
OP

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Someone mounted his ngauge in the middle vent. But id rather not lose that vent. Some companies make glove box mounting or console mounting. I have my gauges in my sti all in the glove box. I flip it down when i need to see something or when its go time. Im trying to find a solution that keeps them more out of sight. Im not trying to have them obviously visible to someone taking a glance at my interior. I prefer a more low key look. Despite the fact it will be on slicks.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Sounds like you will need to go custom. There are cups that AM sells that could probably go in the glove box however that sounds like it would be awkward to look at/see. That and it would be bouncing around. I don't think the Mustang glove box is very conducive to that.

If I see a car with gauges, I think "so what". I see a car on slicks or good DR's....spidey senses.

OP
OP

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
It works better than youd think in the glove box. Like for my sti they sell these. Its not custom made at all. Also they angle the gauges toward you for ease of reading. Its also very easy when your gauges are numerical read out instead of needles.

While you dont think its a big deal im trying to keep it not obvious that it will be a twin turbo 1500hp monster. Low key is important when trying to take peoples money. I do appreciate you trying to help! :cheers: just isnt an ideal solution for me. I wanted to see if anyone knew of console mounts or glove box mounts in the making that i couldnt find.

Last edited:

Sponsored

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I don't think there is a way other than doing something custom. Even then there isn't much space other than the vents.

Here's my solution. I monitor various things and data log with the AP and have my critical gauges on the dash with visual/auditory alerts when things go south.
Resurrecting an old thread for this specific gauge pod - what gauge mounting pod is this and where can I find one?

I ordered a spare top speaker cover panel and was going to mock up some various 3-gauge pods to try to get something made to work - but this is basically what I'm shooting for on the dashboard instead of the a-pillars (since mine's a vert) or blocking all the directional ability of the vents.

Thanks!

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
It's a Boss 302 Laguna Seca gauge pod. Any of the vendors should have them if they sell Ford Racing Parts.