Fully disabling TC off (advance trac)

BoostedS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Supercharged
Oh no....I did not know this.....and I feel like I shouldn't have ever of found out about this, might as well start shopping for tires now.
Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
It allows you to fly off the road and into a ditch easier.
I've lived life before computers, cell phones and traction control. I've never flown off the road. If I had my way the only traction control would be me. I don't need no stinkin nannies. I want to know EXACTLY where the edge is, with modern TC it's a complete mystery.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
my traction control will still kick on in track mode when i take off from dead stop?? i thought track mode disabled traction control 100%?

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
I've lived life before computers, cell phones and traction control. I've never flown off the road. If I had my way the only traction control would be me. I don't need no stinkin nannies. I want to know EXACTLY where the edge is, with modern TC it's a complete mystery.
did your cars before computers have 435 hp?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Chances are you are a good driver. But looking at amount of people that wrecked their Mustangs and blamed it on water / road / incorrect wind direction and other similarly ridiculous reasons points to the fact that this option is somewhat necessary. As long as you can turn it off, don't see an issue.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
While I wouldn't put it quite that harshly, I do think that driving with the nannies full-on will tend to make people become mindless "stomp, stab, & saw away at the steering wheel" kind of drivers . . . especially in wet or worse conditions where the driving tends to get closer to the limits of tire grip to begin with . . . because up to some point the nannies will gradually teach them that they can get away with driving like that.

No, I don't think that part of it is a good thing at all, and it scares me to think how many people don't even realize what is happening. Plenty of evidence right here in this thread, actually.

Norm

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
my traction control will still kick on in track mode when i take off from dead stop?? i thought track mode disabled traction control 100%?
Might you be mistaking the action of your limited slip differential for the nannies?

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
I don't know... Both tires start spinning and do so about 1/2 thru first then they just stop
When you put your car into track mode, does the Stability Control Off indicator come on solid?

When you break traction, does the Stability Control indicator flash?

ref. Page 81, Owner's Manual.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
When you put your car into track mode, does the Stability Control Off indicator come on solid?

When you break traction, does the Stability Control indicator flash?

ref. Page 81, Owner's Manual.
The light is on solid until the tires break lose them it blinks

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
OP
OP
neodark

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Well, so this got a little derailed :p

Anyway, success... I was able to turn AdvanceTrack off completely this time around, thanks for all your replies.

Tofino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT stick.
I have to push and hold from a dead stop before everything will turn off.

Because of this i usually do this every time i get in the car right after startup.
Same here, unless just going to do errands around town.
I live on a great road full of wicked turns and rarely see traffic.
Love to turn it off and truly be allowed to drive the car.
If i stop knowing how to drive the car, I'll sell it.

But I guess I spend my days doing stuff that a computer doesn't save my butt if I am incompetent. So don't think my car should have to either.

Last edited:

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
did your cars before computers have 435 hp?
So 435 hp is an uncontrollable amount of power that you must be protected from? The masses maybe, not me. Traction control is a great safety feature for day to day driving especially on wet pavement. I don't like being surprised when traction control decides that I need to be saved from myself.
Sponsored