Sponsored

Full Wrap

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Hi Guys -

Have any of you had your GT350 protected yet with a full clear wrap? My installer is ready to go as soon as I get mine except, he said Xpel nor Suntek have a pattern for the GT350 yet. Just hoping maybe someone has already worked with either to have their car wrapped and a template should be out or coming at very soon.
Sponsored

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
I talked to a local installer that does Xpel and Suntek. He said there should be a template out soon.

drainey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt 350, magnetic with white strip
what is the estimated $ for a full wrap

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
what is the estimated $ for a full wrap
You're looking at 3k+ to wrap the entire car. I got an approximate quote of $1500 to do the front end in Xpel.

I think doing the entire car is a bit overkill, but it definitely doesn't hurt if you got the $$$.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
$4,500 for the place I'm going in St. Louis

Sponsored

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Yeah I know. Waiting until the template comes out to see what it'll cost again.

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
what does this place charge for a standard 3m wrap? i had no idea they even had templates lol. all the shops i know here just wrap the car, even doing door jambs and stuff these days

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
what does this place charge for a standard 3m wrap? i had no idea they even had templates lol. all the shops i know here just wrap the car, even doing door jambs and stuff these days
No clue. The name of the place is Clear Bra Auto St. Louis

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Anyone here done a DIY wrap? I do paint corrections and other "risky" things - I feel like wrapping a car would be in my wheelhouse. Do sites sell materials direct? I'm thinking a color, not clear.

Sponsored

NCGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Technology Package Soon to order
Anyone here done a DIY wrap? I do paint corrections and other "risky" things - I feel like wrapping a car would be in my wheelhouse. Do sites sell materials direct? I'm thinking a color, not clear.
Nope never tried it. Might be willing to try a partial wrap on a cheaper car, but wouldn't try on this car, especially a full clear wrap. One blemish is stuck there until the wrap is removed, and I don't have a clean enough area to do it.

I thought the templates were just a computer program. These shops have rolls of the wrap, and use an automated system to cut out the correct pieces from the templates provided. So I don't think it's possible to have a template of pieces ordered for personal use.

I think a color wrap could be doable at home. At least if there are small pieces of dust etc... under the color it wouldn't be seen. But clear wrap takes a lot of time and practice to get it perfect. And if it's not perfect, the clear isn't worth it.

Wichard20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In search of a R
that is obscenely steep

I probably paid that or a little more for my car (not a GT350 to get fully wrapped). I checked around and everyone was in the same ballpark for the area (Northern VA). My guy does everything by hand (no templates0 and minimizes any seams. I think there are like two seams on the entire car.

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
I probably paid that or a little more for my car (not a GT350 to get fully wrapped). I checked around and everyone was in the same ballpark for the area (Northern VA). My guy does everything by hand (no templates0 and minimizes any seams. I think there are like two seams on the entire car.
a mustang or? i paid 2800 for a wrap on my c5 z06, no templates (never even seen anyone us them) no seams

Wichard20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In search of a R
a mustang or? i paid 2800 for a wrap on my c5 z06, no templates (never even seen anyone us them) no seams
it was for a 911 GT3, I wish I could get a full wrap for $2800 in the area.

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
it was for a 911 GT3, I wish I could get a full wrap for $2800 in the area.
i bet that was a sexy looking ride. i just got quoted in the neighborhood of 35 for the mustang
Sponsored